• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have they just had a fight???!!!

melaniejb

Mama Doe
I think Albert and Poppy have just had a fight!!! :shock:

Albert is the dominant one and Poppy the more submissive in their relationship but Poppy has just put her head under Albert which he wasn't pleased about, she kept trying but he kept moving so that he could put his head under her.

Then Albert took it a bit further and started to mount Poppy (fur everywhere as she is moulting...how long did I spend vacuuming this afternoon? :roll: :lol: ). That continued for a bit, them running in circles, then Poppy got on top of Albert and started humping him. She was really biting him (not into his skin, just his fur) and she would not let go.

I have to admit I had to seperate them :oops: usually I wouldn't interfere but she really was clinging on to Albert... :oops: :oops: :oops:

They are now sprawled out together but it did look like a bit of a fight before! :? Is that normal for buns to have a tiff? I hope they are not falling out of love :shock: :(

That isn't an actual fight, you won't miss it if they do. That sort of chasing can get out of hand though. It sounds like they were having a debate over who is boss.

Jack and Milly have "debates" all the time. That sounds like normal daily behaviour for them!! One minute chasing, pushing and shoving each other and fighting over a bit of hay or Jack trying to hump Milly and them both fur pulling the next they are laying down next to each other totally relaxed and in love!!. There has never been any real fighting though - blood loss, wounds etc.. then its fine. I'd leave Albert and Poppy to get on with it - they sound fine! Perhaps the honeymoon period has worn off !!! :lol:

Back