• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies got the hump

Aliandbuns

Mama Doe
My bf and I cut Molly and Piper's claws earlier. Well actually we cut Molly's and some of Piper's cos he was in a bad mood and was having none of it - he kept nibbling on the whichever hand was trying to do the cutting despite all the distractions we tried. Last time we cut his nails he was really good and just let us get on with it. :?

Anyway, now both rabbits have got the hump with me :(

Piper will probably have forgiven me by tomorrow but Molly takes about a week before she will love me again. :(

Do your bunnies ever get the hump with you and what do you do to make it up to them?

Ahh they always get over it! Try taking them out and just lying next to them for a few hours. Banana also works very well if you want them in love with you again :lol:

Good luck and I'm sure they will get over it soon :D

xxx

A sure way of re-establishing a friendship with you bun is via FOOD!!
Hand feeding of their fave treats should do the trick!!

Janex

:lol: The way to a bunny's heart!

Just been out to feed them grass and broccoli - they are now letting me stroke their heads :thumb:

Try putting a towel on your lap bunched up abit at the front. I find they take it out on the towel instead of your hand ;)

Tamsin said:
Try putting a towel on your lap bunched up abit at the front. I find they take it out on the towel instead of your hand ;)

We had a couple of bunched up towels down (more to protect my legs than anything else) :lol: - Piper did exactly this, but it's hard to clip claws when he digging a towel. :?

Tamsin said:

....less blood loss for YOU that way!! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Janex

JCO said:
Tamsin said:

....less blood loss for YOU that way!! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Janex

:lol: :lol: Piper is actually surprisingly gentle when he nips - but I wouldn't want to tempt fate by leaving my hands there for too long. :lol:

When Jack is in a mood he just gets picked up, cuddled and given banana - end of mood!

Milly tends to stay in a mood for hours and even food doesn't always do the trick - she has a look of thunder when she is in a mood - my mum said on satuday - that rabbit has anger in her eyes! She certainly did because about a minute later Jack tried to follow her into "her" cardboard box and got swatted with a paw!! He then sat and sulked under a chair and Milly sat and scowled back at him!

Smirnoff can sulk for weeks. If I do anything he doesn't like, he won't come near me for days even with food.

the way to all of my buns hearts is a piece of ripe pear...not too much or they get the runs :shock: ..but they all love it ...
and tell Piper Auntie Jill says to behave and let his mum trim his nails..it's for his own good! :D

Truffy can sulk for England the stroppy little madam :roll: :lol: Food usualy does the trick though :wink: She usualy gets her own back though, like this morning doing her turbo bunny impression up and down the landing and through the bedroom, then used O/H's stomach as a trampoline :lol: (he was asleep at the time :oops: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: this sounds familier! yesterday I had to cut ONE of Gypsy's claws and she went into a mega mood! she made me feel soooooooo guilty, it's those big hazel eyes that do it everytime. she wouldn't even eat her treats, just looked at them then looked at me as if to say " I'm not eating any of YOUR smelly treats!," :lol: I'm sure your bunny will be fine by the end of the day. By bedtime Gypsy was fine :D they just like to make you suffer first! :roll:

honeybunny said:
the way to all of my buns hearts is a piece of ripe pear...not too much or they get the runs :shock: ..but they all love it ...
and tell Piper Auntie Jill says to behave and let his mum trim his nails..it's for his own good! :D

Actually it's partly for Molly's good as he has a tendency to stand on her head. :roll: :lol:

:lol: When my boyfriend was helping me cut them he said to Piper "we're only doing it cos we love you" :lol: - he'll kill me for telling everyone! :lol:

Back