• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neglected bun- U/D Belle has a home

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys
Sorry for yet another long one, I have acquired a very neglected bun and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me please.

I was back home in East Anglia this weekend for my Mum's hen night and my sister told me about her friend's rabbit.

Despite being friends with this woman for a while my sister was not even aware she had a rabbit. This is a children-have-got-bored-forgotten-about at-the-end-of-the-garden-bunny, but actually much worse.
This rabbit has never been given hay, was often left without food and water, was living in a stinking mess as she was hardly cleaned out, was NEVER allowed out of the hutch- she didn't have a run or go out in the garden. She was in a hutch so small that sis said if she layed down then she was stretched from one end to the other (she is a big bunny), the hutch had holes all over it so bunny kept escaping. Now the worst part of the story is that my sister's friend has two dogs who have KILLED two of her pet rabbits- they escaped from the hutch and were attacked. This woman doesn't seem to think this is a big deal. :evil:

Anyway, the upshot is that I have brought her home with me. She is absolutely terrified as she has hardly been handled. She is 2.5 years old, has not been neutered or vaccinated and has in fact never been to the vets, but I will take her this week as although she does actually seem ok I think she could do with a check up.

They could not even remember what her name was :evil:
She is grossly overweight- they say she's a girl, I didn't want to stress her out even more by checking but I'd say she probably is going by her enormous dewlap. Apparently they didn't like her because she would scratch when they tried to pick her up- well it would be pretty impossible for her not to do that with the length of her claws! :evil: If you look closely at her back feet in the pic below you can see how bad they were. I have now cut them.

Now to my question, she's in Hann's old dog crate for the moment, but could anyone take this bunn on? Do any rescues have any space for her at all please? I am in Nottingham.

Thank you xx

Here she is:
rabbit.jpg

Her nail clippings:
40f477d1.jpg

Poor bun! I don't know how anyone could do that. There are no words... well they're not repeatable anyway. Hope you find her a forever home soon

Vicki x

Hi if i can work on my mum i might be able to have her if she is a girl i wanted to get a new bunny to go with roger when he is deplummed in a couple of months i will get back to you if that is o.k

where abouts in notts are you and if i can have her can u bring her to me

Poor bunny, what a sad life she had but thank goodness she has been rescued from it! Well done, I hope she finds a lovely home and gets the life she deserves :D

They're not nails, they're talons :shock:

She looks like she'll make someone a lovely bun - she just needs a proper diet, exercise and TLC.

Well done for helping her out of her nightmare. :D

Thanks so much Sazzy and Eve, have PMed you.

Forgot to add, the woman didn't even have any food to give the rabbit for the journey so my sister gave her a carrot!

sazzy said:
Hi mandy would you be able to get a couple more pics of the gorgeous girl

Hi Sazzy
Yes of course, will do some in the morning if thats ok. Is this to bribe your Mum with? :wink:

BTW if you would like to come round and meet her you are welcome

yes they are to bribe my mum i would love to meet her but i work funny hours in the week i will see what i can do :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

OMG I'm afraid I can't help but I just wanted to say well done for rescuing her and I hope those horrible people die early - sorry to be so harsh but people who treat animals that badly probably treat everyone and everything that badly so how does their existence benefit anything?! :evil:

AMETHYST

Amethyst said:
OMG I'm afraid I can't help but I just wanted to say well done for rescuing her and I hope those horrible people die early - sorry to be so harsh but people who treat animals that badly probably treat everyone and everything that badly so how does their existence benefit anything?! :evil:

AMETHYST

I've got to agree with you, it disgusts me, but something that will shock you- this couple foster children. I have met them on one occassion before and didn't like them then.

sazzy said:
yes they are to bribe my mum i would love to meet her but i work funny hours in the week i will see what i can do :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ok, cool. Well I'm at uni so I tend to be around odd hours too so I'm sure we can sort something out at some point :)

I have decided the bunn's temporary name until she gets a new home will be Belle, as she is beautiful :love:
I went to feed her this morning, and she had decided to rearrange her dog crate!:

S4010383.jpg

She looks quite comfortable!
S4010384.jpg

S4010385.jpg

Sorry for the red eye, she actually has black-brown eyes. She is out in the summer house so I have now left the cage doors open so she can have a run around if she likes. I actually opened them 2 hours ago but she still hasn't come out. She is so nervous bless her.

She is booked into the vets tomorrow morning for a check up

Well done you for rescuing Belle. Poor little girl. :( What horrible people and they foster children?! It beggers belief!!!! I wonder what their attitude would be if one of their dogs killed the kids!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

mandy said:
Amethyst said:

AMETHYST

I've got to agree with you, it disgusts me, but something that will shock you- this couple foster children. I have met them on one occassion before and didn't like them then.

You get paid quite a lot of money when you foster children.

Rabswood

Back