• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unexpected Arrival x7

I picked mum and dad up about 2 weeks ago. They were being advertised on asdas pin board so i rang the number and went to pick them up. Kids were only allowed to keep 1 bun so these 2 had to go.
They had been kept seperate but had mated once as they were sexed wrong :roll: Babies all found homes but nobody wanted these 2 so i said i would take them.

They had been here a week, and i went to feed princess and found these :shock:
bunnybaby2.jpg

Then just over a week old today
eyecanseeyou.jpg

So when they are ready they will need new homes, not sure if i will keep one as yet. It depends how everything goes.

Princess is a great mum and a very friendly bunny, she has grown more protective of them since they can crawl and spends more time with them :)

When will it be ok for me to handle the baby buns?
And when can they start eating vege ?

I have never had baby buns before so any info will be very helpful :)

Aw What cuties!! :love:

If mum is quite happy for you to be near them then you should be ok to touch them now, just make sure you make a fuss of mum before and after (gets her smell on you too) Watch out when picking them up as they are jumpy little things!! :lol: :lol:

As for feeding them, mum will still be feeding them and they will usually wean when ready. Whe I had my litter I just fed Holly as normal and eventually the kits came out and fed with her .

Hiya! :wave:

Congratulations on your little arrivals!!

If you feed Mum veggies at th moment the little ones will begin to try them when they start to eat solids.

You can begin to handle them any time from now.

I must say thats the cleanest nest I've ever seen, every nest I've seen has been in the toilet area :roll:

Awwww, babies! They are gorgeous! Well done for giving the Mum and Dad a new home, and good luck with the babies!

the happy bee said:
Aww!
So much for just having mated once though!

I know it really annoyed me, and they hadn't had vege before coming to me either.
It was a massive shock when i found them though.

She doesn't poop in that area really either just in the living area which i thought was good of her :)

Back