• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would you do re. spay??

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Hi all, as you may now I've had Eddie and Elsa for a few weeks now. They have come on amazingly in such a short spell of time and are much more confident around me now, they were even nosing about as I was cleaning their hutch this morning :D They are still scared to be handled though. I'm trying not to push it too much.
Eddie is neutered but Elsa hasn't been spayed yet although I am intending to do so. Elsa has built one nest since being with me, she's def not pregnant though. She's not nasty at all, more timid than anything. Kareen has told me that Elsa was prone to phantom pregnancies while she was at the rescue with her... My question is, I will get there in the end ( :lol: ), would you get Elsa spayed immediately as she's obviously hormonal due to the nest building but not nasty to me or wee Eddie... or would you leave them to settle in for a bit longer?? i'll be taking her into the house afterwards until she's better.
Opinions please! :)

Gem said:
I'd go ahead and get her done, after all she should be reasonably used to you

Yep get her done but don't split her from Eddie, take them both to the vets and if your bringing her into the house bring him aswell.

Id suggest getting her done asap while she is still getting used to you - Rather then her being settled, trusting you and then being taken to be done!

Once she is done, you can build her trust up gradually without her having an op in the middle :D

Good luck xxx

Back