• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change of Food for Rabbits

maxbun

Warren Scout
What do people/rescues do if a rabbit comes in with no food. How do they go about introducing a new type of pellets without upsetting the bunnies tummy?

even if mine come in with food (mix) i take them straigh off and put them on a very small amount of ss and lots of hay (which most have never seen before :cry:) and have found that causes no problems, ss is fortifed with a probiotic anyway so helps to balance them out anyway!

should note that if you are not familairy with food changes or bunny sickness signs then gradually change food over a 10 days period!

SS is a good one to use or I just give lots of hay and a very small amount of pellets gradually increasing it over a few days.

When Rory arrived he was on excel and had LOADS of excess caecs so I swapped him straight onto SS and hay without any problems at all, and now he has lovely fat golden poos :D

Back