• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dobb's hurt his back leg.

runnybabbit

Alpha Buck
With not being able to post I've not been able to tell you all.

I've only had Dobb's a week and I got up on wednesday morning after Canyd and Dobb's first night together to find Dobb's with his back leg lifted completely off the ground and hopping about on 3 legs. I paniced like mad, checking him over but could find nothing. Other than the fact he wouldn't put his foot down he was fine, eating, snuggling Candy and rushing around (he can go at quite a speed on 3 legs, faster than Candy can on 4) and seemed fine in himself.

I took him to the vet and they checked him over and couldn't find anything either. The gave him an injection of metacam and gave me sme to take home and told me to keep an eye on him, if it got any worse they would give him xrays but they wanted to see how he went on first because of the GA.

Thursday morning, he seemed a bit better but still limping, the same at teatime but just before I went to bed I could hear a load of scrabbling going on in their run, when I went in to investigate the nice chrisp box that I'd got for them to hide in had now become a tunnel, with Dobb's cheeky face poking out of the hole he had just dug through it but when he wriggled out of the hole he still had his foot off the floor.

Friday morning, I opened the gate on their run, Candy flew out then Dobb's and I thought he's going rather fast, how many feet are on the floor, while I'm trying to see he suddenly started binkying, so that answered my question, he is fine with all feet in working order.

I have no idea what he did or what he did it on, I'm just glad he's ok.

Back