• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

white rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit

sgprescue

Mama Doe
I got a call from someone yesterday needing to find a home for a litter of baby bunnies. I offered to go round and sex them for them and told them I would take them when I had room. I went after work last night. When I got there there were 4 males and 1 female, all still living with mum and the boys had there testicles already :evil: All have got ringworm, 1 has it particularly bad on his ear. They were fed on a terrible diet with not a scrap of hay in sight so I brought them back home with me and had to set up emergency accomodation for them.

DSCN3022.jpg

DSCN3046Correction.jpg

DSCN3045Correction.jpg

DSCN3037Correction.jpg

DSCN3027Correction.jpg

This is harry, one of the strays that arrived last week, he is only about 9 - 10 weeks old :love:
DSCN3052.jpg

and another of the strays that arrived last week
DSCN3057Correction.jpg

When I went into my vets on Saturday they asked me if I could take a hamster aswell
DSCN3065Correction.jpg

I have 4 more rabbits and a guinea pig coming on Saturday and another pair of pigs coming on Sunday :shock:

The babies are so cute!

I've never seen Ringworm in buns before - looks completely different on horses. How do you treat it?

Ah, I would love to have one of the fluffy males... I absolutely adore white bunnies! When do you think they might be ready to be rehomed? You are a bit too far for us though (we are in London)...

Vera

LurcherGirl said:
Ah, I would love to have one of the fluffy males... I absolutely adore white bunnies! When do you think they might be ready to be rehomed? You are a bit too far for us though (we are in London)...

Vera

No such thing as too far :lol: It might be a few weeks before they are ready. Got to clear up the ringworm first then book them in for the chop.

sgprescue said:
Angie65 said:
The babies are so cute!

I've never seen Ringworm in buns before - looks completely different on horses. How do you treat it?

good old canesten cream :wink:

That stuff's magic! I get thrush on my stomach. Yes, I'm a freak. :lol:

And during that time, we might be able to sort something out! And I could also "organise" a female mate from my local rescue (run by a friend... GBH). Can you sort of put a reserve on one of the chaps? Do you think? Perhaps? :D :wink:

I would need to have him myxi vaccinated though as I had a myxi bunny in my house until two weeks ago. None of my other bunnies got it (they are myxi vacced), but as a precaution I will not take any bunnies in anymore without fully effective myxi vaccinations.

Vera

LurcherGirl said:
And during that time, we might be able to sort something out! And I could also "organise" a female mate from my local rescue (run by a friend... GBH). Can you sort of put a reserve on one of the chaps? Do you think? Perhaps? :D :wink:

I would need to have him myxi vaccinated though as I had a myxi bunny in my house until two weeks ago. None of my other bunnies got it (they are myxi vacced), but as a precaution I will not take any bunnies in anymore without fully effective myxi vaccinations.

Vera

You could always have brother and sister :wink:

I use homeopathic vacc for myxi/vhd although if you would prefer conventional vacc I can sort that for you :D

Just a boy would be fine... I wouldn't be able to distinguish two white balls of fluff... :lol: I'll probably adopt a young girlie from GBH in a couple of weeks or so... (need to set up the double crate for them then).

Yes, mine were homeopathically vaccinated too for Myxi and VHD. But when I adopted Star and she developped myxi, I had them all vaccinated conventionally immediately to be double safe! And it's worked! Just to be on the safe side, I would prefer conventional vaccinations - at least for a good while longer until all traces of anything have gone in the house! Then I'll go back to homeopathic just for prevention.

Vera

loopylop said:
Berlimey, that was quick! :lol:

Glad one has already found a home :D
I've always had a soft spot for white bunnies and I love lionheads. I always hoped that one might pop up somewhere, so when I saw these, I thought to better get in there quick! :wink:

Strange day... I also saw my absolute dreamdog today going into rescue (which is a black and white double of my lurcher Flash) and would absolutely love him... But the time is not right for another dog! So I'll just make do with a bunny for now! :lol:

LurcherGirl said:
Just a boy would be fine... I wouldn't be able to distinguish two white balls of fluff... :lol: I'll probably adopt a young girlie from GBH in a couple of weeks or so... (need to set up the double crate for them then).

vera are you any good with long haired rabbits? i have a fluffy lionhead girl whom has had no interested and has been hutch bound since birth :cry: :cry: she is goregous, her name is dixy she is on my site! :D

bunnylove said:
LurcherGirl said:

vera are you any good with long haired rabbits? i have a fluffy lionhead girl whom has had no interested and has been hutch bound since birth :cry: :cry: she is goregous, her name is dixy she is on my site! :D

Awwww :love: they would make a cute couple.

I already have one long haired lionhead called Magic. His coat is fab though and doesn't need any brushing other than a quick comb over every couple of weeks, if that.

I would however not want to take on another long haired bunny not knowing whether this new white one will need lots of grooming or not. I would be able to find the time for one fluffy time consuming bunster, but not for two... Sorry... (Might be an option though once I know whether this new chap needs lots of grooming or not).

Vera

LurcherGirl said:
I have one long haired lionhead called Magic. His coat is fab though and doesn't need any brushing other than a quick comb over every couple of weeks, if that.

I would however not want to take on another long haired bunny not knowing whether this new white one will need lots of grooming. I would be able to find the time for one fluffy time consuming bunster, but not for two... Sorry... (Might be an option though once I know whether this new chap needs lots of grooming or not).

Vera

Some of them are fluffier than others. Would you prefer a longer or shorter one?

Make it fluffy... it will probably be harder to find suitable homes for fluffy ones anyway due to the possible coat care needed. Magic was really fluffy as a baby, but then lost most of the really long hair over his back, but grew a really fluffy mane and skirt and now is quite a punk with his hairstyle! 8)

The one on the right on the first picture caught my attention particularly (I love his fluffy ears... :) - probably turns out to be one of the girls... :lol: ), but it doesn't matter that much! You choose!

LurcherGirl said:
Make it fluffy... it will probably be harder to find suitable homes for fluffy ones anyway due to the possible coat care needed. Magic was really fluffy as a baby, but then lost most of the really long hair over his back, but grew a really fluffy mane and skirt and now is quite a punk with his hairstyle! 8)

The one on the right on the first picture caught my attention particularly (I love his fluffy ears... :) ), but it doesn't matter that much! You choose!

Ok, I will reserve a nice fluffy one for you :D

LurcherGirl said:
I already have one long haired lionhead called Magic. His coat is fab though and doesn't need any brushing other than a quick comb over every couple of weeks, if that.

I would however not want to take on another long haired bunny not knowing whether this new white one will need lots of grooming or not. I would be able to find the time for one fluffy time consuming bunster, but not for two... Sorry... (Might be an option though once I know whether this new chap needs lots of grooming or not).

Vera

:cry: :cry: :cry: she isnt that long jsut have to keep her off saw dust and hang the hay! nevermind :D

Back