• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying a very nervous bunny

jay

Mama Doe
Milly really does need spaying - I think it will calm her down, make her less jumpy and stop her being so destructive - she is teaching Jack bad habits and my wallpaper can't take it anymore!! :lol:

Anyway I am really worried about this because she is so timid she won't let me anywhere near her - how am I going to check she is healing? Also I don't want to break up the bond between her and Jack- but I also don't think its a good idea he be with her after the op, he's still very keen on humping her! Have never had a female neutered - It was stressful enough with Jack but boys are easier and at leasr I could tip him up :lol: to check his balls (or where they were :wink: ) very easily and give him lots of cuddles afterwards (well made me feel less guilty! Awful bunny mummy for getting his balls chopped off!).

Advice please! Cheers!

Have you tried putting a towel round her to pick her up? I find it easier that way with rabbits that don't like being handled.

She may well be quite dozy after the op anyway, so it would be easier to check that she's healing ok. When Kahlo was spayed she was still at the 'don't touch me phase' but she was so out of it she didn't even notice. As she started to get better then a towel was a useful tool..... :D

i would wait until she is fully settled personally, i have waited with Holly as she was timid when i first got her. I wanted to gain her trust and get her taim...got her at Christmas and she will be going in soon!

I have used a towel with Millie once and it was awful - she struggled and I was so worried about stressing her out. She almost came right up to me this morning to give me a little bunny kiss - she was about an inch away - though so she is getting much better! Going to book her in now anyway as I think it will calm her down and make her easy to toilet train.

Back