• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting to bond after castration and speying? - UPDATE!

Hells

Warren Scout
I know that boys can stay fertile for up to 6 weeks after their opp.

Peanut was done 5 weeks ago and Poppit was speyed 2 weeks ago.

Do you think I should go ahead and try them together? I presume the 6 week rule is only where girly bun is un-speyed?! This seems like such a daft question! :oops:

As long as Poppit has healed up nicely and she should have done after 2 weeks..yes you can try them together.....the only reason for waiting longer , other than fertility, is the males testosterone level may not have completely dropped. But I usually bond a male after 2 weeks and so far...fingers crossed....have all gone well :D

Thanks for your advice Jill and Val :)

I took the plunge last night and put them together. I was VERY nervous having never tried this before. I set up the kitchen with lots of toys and food and a box to hide in and sat back to watch them.

The first ten minutes they hardly noticed each other and were busy exploring, then came a few minutes of sniffing and licking each other, which was followed by 15 minutes of furious chasing and humping! It was my girly bun Poppit who did all the chasing and humping, poor Peanut didn't know what to do! I think she is going to be boss of the relationship!

I kept a very close eye on them and was ready to jump in if it got nasty. After half an hour I put them both back in their seperate cages where they both flopped out exausted!

I will be doing the same again tonight, maybe for 40 minutes or so...

Back