• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor play house suggestions

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Hiya,

I an after some suggestions of where to buy a new indoor play house for Evo. He has has both the house and the castle from cardboard guy, and the castle is pretty much destroyed. He's loved them both, so I certainly wouldn't mind getting another, just wanted to know what else is out there

I have a budget of around £30 and I'd like it to be a similar size to the cardboard guy ones - about a 1mx1m footprint maximum I suppose. It doesn't have to be cardboard, wood or plastic is fine....something that lasted a bit longer than cardboard would be nice, but Evo does enjoy destroying the cardboard ones.

It needs to look nice-ish too, so o/h doesn't strop about it.
:roll:
Thanks.

Perhaps look in the kids section of Argos or Toys R Us or something like that for a little plastic playhouse? You could always stick just plain cardboard/cereal boxes etc. inside for Evo to destroy but the main structure would be solid and cleanable. Probably be a bit more than £30 though - unless you try free ads/Ebay first?

Have you got any pictures of Evo in his castle? I am thinking of getting one for my house buns :D

SOAD said:
Have you got any pictures of Evo in his castle? I am thinking of getting one for my house buns :D

I have loads, he loves it lots and lots. :)

This is when it was still whole

IMG_0646.jpg

Asleep on the 2nd floor

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

And at various stages of destruction, I have had to cut the bottom floor off, as he'd bitten through the walls and it kept tipping over.

515b9f30.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

I've just taken this one, it's taken him since Christmas to get it like this.

IMG_0792.jpg

He loves it so much, he spends so much time playing and sleeping in there, I'd hate him to not have one or something like it.

He's had this one since Christmas, I reckon it'll be ok for another couple of weeks. The house lasted a whole year, but it was in the living room for about 6 months, so he didn't have access to it all the time.

bunnylove said:
why not make one, they are bloody expensive for what they are why not make one?

Eve x

I don't think it would be very good! :lol:

If it lasts for six months, I don't think it's too bad VFM.

Just stack up some cardboard boxes, cut doorholes and voila! I'm sure Evo doesn't care if it's castleshaped or not :lol:

Have you had the house too, which one would you rercommend for four bunnies? Remember there is a Beatrix there, so the most hard wearing the better :lol: .

SOAD said:
Have you had the house too, which one would you rercommend for four bunnies? Remember there is a Beatrix there, so the most hard wearing the better :lol: .

If I was to get another one, it would be a house. Evo didn't get up to the 3rd floor much in the castle.

where can i get one of those castles, thumper would love it. he aint got any front teeth so wont be able to chew it to bits, so might last longer.. lol

beckiboo186 said:
I cant find the house or castle, just the lookout and the hideout. Are they the same things? :? xx

They are! :D The Hideout is the house, and the Lookout is the castle. Evo has needed the large size in both, so he was able to fit in the tunnels and doorways.

Back