• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NOT bonding Brian & Chandra yet!

beck

Mama Doe
I have decided not to put Brian and Chandra together just yet.

When I put them near each other (between bars) Chandra growled and lunged for Brian :shock:

She has not been with another rabbit since she was a baby so I am just going to let her get used to been near another bunny for now!

I have set up a pen attached to Brians dog crate with an extra panel between - to avoid bitten noses!!! I am swapping them around - a day each in each space to get used to one anothers smell.

At the moment Brian is running around the living room and Chandra has the run of both cage and pen, On Saturday I put them in the run outside with one sat in the carrier and the other loose - swapped them around every 15 mins! (this was while I cleared a space next to the dog crate for Chandra)

I am taking them both to the vet - hopefully tonight. I want to get Brian weighed and checked over now his panacur treatment has finished and Chandra needs her myxi booster.

In a couple of weeks I will have a free weekend so I shall see how things are going then, I really don't want to risk a full blown fight and them never been able to be together - so slow and steady it is for now :D

Sounds good. I think its always good to feel comfortable yourself with the situation. If they get used to each others smells and being close to another bunny then it might make things go smoother. I think with this sort of thing it is better not to rush things so see if the bunnys are ready when you feel you're ready :thumb:

Back