• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

that was weird

ben_19

Young Bun
Ive had lucky for over a year now and i have never known her to be grumpy or aggressive, i went to pick her up before to wash her wound and she went for me, she never actually tacked me as such but she lunged at my hand and keeps making this weird grunting noise, every time i go in her cage she is dong it. I gave her a little pain relief and covered her cage for the night, im hoping its because she is tired, i have been in my room majority of the day workng so s hasnt had much rest

Is she spayed? Some buns are late bloomers and her hormones might be starting to kick in now. My buns are very 'vocal' and grunt when they don't want me messing with them or their cages. She might just be territorial of her cage and want her privacy while she is recovering.

Some rabbits are territorial and will be fine with you until you put your hands in their space. Which is...understandable. I'd be nice to the giant who feeds and cuddles me, but it might annoy me if they stick their hands in my bedroom without asking :lol: . Daisy couldn't care less what I do in her cage, I can get in the thing with her for all she cares :lol: . Fidget, on the other hand, sometimes bites me if I move her things while she's in her cage, and sometimes doesn't. It's just down to the individual rabbit I suppose, and how governed by their hormones they are. Spaying usually helps.

Evo does this to me too, but only when I put my hands in his cage, and only after I've been out at work, and first come back. After that he's fine.

Sounds like it's a territorial thing for lucky too....must mean she's feeling better! :lol:

Back