• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG!!! Nasty Cage!

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
5a012e375bdb18e0edd1306cb889196a.jpg

How can they keep that poor mite in that!

I'm guessing its an american owner, judging by the fact the bun is outside and its sunny :?

That's not what sun looks like here :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate wire bottom cages. Poor bun. The owners probably don't know anybetter, or don't care to know any better :cry:

Is that a crappy bird cage? I've never seen one like that. Usually our wire cages are too short to stand up in much.

It looks like a bird cage... well, it's certainly not a rabbit cage!

Anyone who keeps...any animal in...well, anything with a WIRE BOTTOM should be beaten with a big stick repeatedly. Then made to balance on wires that are 6" apart. In their bare feet.

LurcherGirl said:
It's a chinchilla cage, hence the wire bottom and the hight... definitely not suitable for bunnies...

Aha! I knew someone would know, do they sell these over here Vera?

That cage is definitely WAY too small. But did anyone read tha article in the Spring issue of Rabbiting On regarding preferred surfaces for rabbits? It said (surprisingly) that given the choice, rabbits preferred wire-bottomed cages to wood shavings! :shock: Still, the wires did have to be a certain distance apart, and I obviously can't speak for that cage.

Regardless, it's too darn small anyway!!! How could it binky? :(

AMETHYST

I am completely against wire bottom cages, apart from for Angoras. Aparently they did a study where they put angoras in different bottomed cages and all the Ang's chose wife bottom floor cages! It keeps them coller as air can circulate under them as well.
But that is rediculous for that rabbit.

Back