• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bonding question

Beany

Alpha Buck
I am hoping to take Beany to find a boyfriend soon and have a question.

Do many rescues do the bonding for customers? I ask this as I am short on 'neutral' territory and am worried that this will affect the bonding process. Beany has the run of the downstairs - her cage is in the kitchen and she runs in the living room and hallway too. Our bathroom isn't really very big, but that's really the only place I could do it. I have a large garden, but as yet, no run, so that's out as the garden isn't secure.

Any ideas please? :)

I think a lot of Rescues do offer a 'dating service' for Buns!!
Perhaps if you contact rescues near you to ask :?
Meantime you could perhaps restrict Beany a bit in the house. Maybe make one room out of bounds. Then when new Bun arrives there will at least be an area that Beany has not been in for a few weeks/months and if the room's had a good clean her scent may have gone and she will not consider it to be her territory.
Blimey, and all this from the biggest bonding wuss on RU... :roll: :roll:
Good Luck
:D :D
Janexx

Oh Louise, I was hoping you may say that :D You won't believe how excited I am at finding her some bunny loving :oops: :lol: I don't think I could limit Beany's space at home, so doing the bonding elsewhere would be great :)

Beany said:
Oh Louise, I was hoping you may say that :D You won't believe how excited I am at finding her some bunny loving :oops: :lol: I don't think I could limit Beany's space at home, so doing the bonding elsewhere would be great :)

The boys can't wait to meet her. They would be fighting if they could get at each other :lol: Maybe I shouldn't have told them how beautiful she is :wink:

:lol: Have got a really funny picture in my head of all these boy buns getting ready - brylcreeming their fur, slapping on the aftershave.....

Well, the vet's called her a 'moody madam' :oops: But then, she'd just had her bits whipped out and they'd messed up her stitches :roll:

She lay on my tummy having a cuddle last night, for the first time in ages - normally she wees on me :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like fun. I dont think I've ever had a bunny wee on me yet. Maybe I've just been lucky so far :lol: :lol:

She weed on me the very first time I held her, when she was about 10 days old, so I had to have her as she'd marked me out as hers :lol:

Back