• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bun in garden

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Hi all, there was a gorgeous little baby wild bun in the garden before :love: . Must have been around 10 weeks old I'd say. Its was sooo cute but could it be a danger to my pet buns as far as diseases go? It was at the other side of the garden and didn't see it anywhere near the hutch and run...
Don't suppose there's much I can do to keep the wee thing away anyway. Buns are both fully vaccinated. :?

If both bunnies are fully vaccinated there's nothing more you can do for them to protect them from myxi. Perhaps consider getting them vaccinated against myxi every 6 months rather than every year?

AMETHYST

Aww :D
We had a baby bun in ours yesterday too! Must've only been about 4 or 5 weeks though (maybe less, not sure), was only about 3 inches head to tail! :love:
I'm surrounded by acres of farmland that's only used for cows and horses, so there's loads of bunnies - looking out my window right now there's one sitting up grooming itself :love: And another one having a nibble of grass! Every time I walk the dog there's a few on the edge of the road, though I make sure I'm loud enough that they'll scuttle off into the growth a bit, don't want any casualties :?

You could also treat yor Buns with Xenex Spot-On flea treatment and put mozzie netting over their hutch/run. Zapping the vectors of Myxo (fleas/mozzies and all biting insects) is important too!!
:D :D

Janex

Back