• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

housing for indoor rabbit

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Bracken has sort of moved into the house, he`s much happier with the company and with him beeing very ill i can keep a better eye on him.

At the moment at night he sleeps in the carrier i use to take him to the vets its big around 2ft long by 1 1/2 wide, but not that much room for him really.

Have been thinking of getting him a crate what size should i get he`s a dwarf lop? am looking at a 48"!!

Also any other thing i`d find useful about having a indoor bun. In the day when i`m at work he`s in the shed in the garden his old home.

He`s good with the litter tray only a few little accidents sor far :?

I think the bigger the better :) Beany has a 48" and I'd still like a bigger one, although it is perfectly fine.

If you got a bigger crate Bracken could stay in that whilst you are at work rather than going out into the shed.
That way he'd be a full-time house bun :D :D

You need to make sure all wires and cables are Bunny proofed if Bracken is free range at any time. Buns are particularly fond of telephone wires :roll: :roll:

Janex

How much space can you spare? No really! :D

A 48" crate is good, especially if you put a second story in it. My buns are in pens made out of wire shelving grids, which I think you can get at Argos in the UK. You can also make big multifloored cages with those grids. Or you can use tall dog exercise pens to make a pen for him.

I second the bunny proofing. I used spiral wrap to cover my wires. I found it in the electronic section of a home improvement store. You can also use aquarium tubing, hollow shower rods, or pvc pipes. I've also found that my buns don't like the taste of bar soaps, so I rub them on the woodwork and furniture to prevent them from chewing so much.

Yeh, I have 48" for Sophie and she loves her cage! (She is a dwarf lop also)

I think it was SOAD who write a really good article on bunny proofing in the reference section - definately worth checking out :D

Back