• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orio's leg- sorry its been so long

willow

Warren Scout
Orio is much better now, he had injections to make the muscles stronger and try and get feeling back in the nerve and it has worked. He had me so worried but he's back to himself and he is just getting stronger every day. He can even sprint around the garden and has a wonderful time.

The thing i think helped the most was that i put him in the garden even when he didnt want to go out and that way he had to move about and use the leg which made him stronger. He wasnt my friend for a long time but now he's back to normal, so im glad i made him do it.

I've been away for a while cos my husband went away to Afghanistan and i have been busy trying to get myself into a routine plus i've got the baby to prepare for. I am having a girl i found out on my scan. Only another 13 weeks til my due date and i cant wait til she is out. She is a right little wriggler. Dont know how i am gonna find the time for the bunnies when she is born, i know i will have time for them but most of the time they have now will be taken up by the baby, and because im gonna be on my own for the next 6 months i wont have H to help look after them.

Im sure i'll cope though people have gone through much worse than that.
Enough waffling hope everyone and everybunny is ok
:D :D :D :D :D

glad your buns ok .

havnt you a friend who could maybe help out with the buns when baby first comes along , just while you settle in a routine.

Angie

Glad Orio is so much better!!
When your wee girl arrives if you find coping with her and buns on your own gets a bit too much maybe some-one on here could Foster the Buns for a while until you and your little girl get into a routine?
(Gawd, as if I know about babies, me NEVER having been a Mum :roll: )
Anyways, I do know a new baby kind of turns your life upside down so dont feel you cant ask for help re the Buns.
Just a few weeks respite care whilst you get yourself sorted might help. It must be so difficult with O/H away. Is he in the Forces (sorry, I'm a nosey old bat :oops: :roll: )
Again, brilliant news about Orio :D :D

Janex

Great news about Orio :D

Yes, the little baby will keep you busy for a while - helping hands always come in useful :D

i'm near shepton mallet, if you would like a hand with anything (moving hutches nearer the house, or carrying some bales of hay and feed so you dont need to go out for supplies etc) i'm sure i can get up to you! just shout!
do you have everything set up for you baby? if you need a hand with any of that i will glady help out :D :D
when i first became depressed my friends all rallied round to help (even just chatting to me whilst i was cleaning bunny houses), it really did help! just knowing there is help at hand if you need it can make things easier!

I was going to offer my help as well, I'm just down the road in Devizes, if you need someone to look after your buns or anything else please just ask!

Thanks everyone for your offers, my buns live in the house with me so i have no problem moving them around. Plus they are in a good routine and i think if i try and keep to that they will be fine until i find my feet with the baby.

I couldnt imagine letting anyone look after them, i cant even let my o/h clean them out or feed them cos he always gets it wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will manage, im sure i will, my mum will look after them here for me while im in hospital, hopefully they wont keep me in too long, i think having them to look after as well will be a nice little break from the baby. I like having my little bunny chats with them, they listen and are quite happy to sit there and not do alot with me.

I think i will get alot of visitors and family coming to see the baby so while they are here admiring the new arrival it will give me a chance to get out of the way and sit with my other 2 furry babies and chill out.

Again thanks to everyone, i really do appreciate the offers, i just couldnt imagine being separated from them for 2 long, a few days will be long enough.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back