• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing vibes for Miffy :-( SHE'S HOME AND ALL BETTER!!!

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

Miffy is at the vets at the moment (we took her in at 12:50am) because she hasn't eaten a thing all day. Usually she goes bonkers over her morning Shreddies, binkying and racing around my feet, but this morning she just sat in her litter tray (she's never done that before) and wasn't interested, even when I held them in front of her face. Throughout the day I didn't see her eat any hay or any pellets (again, very unusual as she'll normally have two or three nibbles per day). Around an hour and a half ago we gave them their evening broccoli and again, whilst Miffy usually goes mad over this, she sat there in the litter tray as she had done all day, and wasn't interested in the slightest.

We called up the emergency vet number and took her down there, she's now in overnight and they're going to syringe her and give her some gut stimulant drugs. We'll get a phone call tomorrow morning at 9:00am to tell us how she is. :-(

Lots of healing thoughts for her please, I'm so worried this is the first time one of my bunnies has been ill. I know she's in the best place she could be right now but I'm just so worried for her. :-(

AMETHYST

Humbug said:
fingers crossed she starts to improve
hope you get some good news in the morning xxx

Thanks. I'm so worried about my little girl. She's only 1yr 9 months, still a baby. :(

AMETHYST

I hope she is ok, my little girly bun goes through this every now and again and its generally when she has eaten something she isnt supposed to (carpet, cardboard etc) and she gets a bit blocked.
She comes through it all the time though, and now and again she fakes it at breakfast for some extra attention, then when she gets her fuss she binkies away and eats her food. She is a strange little one.

I hope your little bun pulls through ok and its not serious xxx

Holly was like this a little while ago and with the help of people on here i syringe fed her and she finally started eating and pooing again.

I put it down the brocolli, she had eaten quite alot and apparently it can cause gas.

Let us know how she gets on...I am sure she will be ok xxxx

Spoke to the vets earlier, it's largely good news! She's still not passed any poop or eaten anything by herself, but they've been syringe feeding her and giving her pineapple juice and gut stimulants, and she's been very good about eating those. She's been quite lively and perky, hopping around the kennel, so she appears to be feeling better already! They think it's "impacted caecum", very pleasant!

They've asked if I could call them back at around 6 or 7pm tonight to see how she's doing.

Thanks for all your good vibes everyone, they're greatly appreciated by Miffy and us!! :D

AMETHYST

I've only just caught up with this. I'm so glad miffy seems to be doing better :D our bunnies can be such a worry sometimes!. I remember the panic I went into seeing Gypsy poorly with tummy problems. I hope Miffy makes a full and speedy recovery.

Ok another update:

Miffy is apparently still looking and acting fine, still quite active and perky, and not stressed. She's been quite good with her syringe food, has been taking it well, and has drunk some water. She's still not passed anything so they're going to keep her in overnight tonight. Apparently she likes her pineapple juice a lot, and was licking her lips after she was given it!! :lol:

I'm going to miss her tonight, but I guess it's just a matter of time now before the blockage shifts and all is well again.

Thanks again for all your support guys!!

AMETHYST

Amethyst said:
Ok another update:

Miffy is apparently still looking and acting fine, still quite active and perky, and not stressed. She's been quite good with her syringe food, has been taking it well, and has drunk some water. She's still not passed anything so they're going to keep her in overnight tonight. Apparently she likes her pineapple juice a lot, and was licking her lips after she was given it!! :lol:

I'm going to miss her tonight, but I guess it's just a matter of time now before the blockage shifts and all is well again.

Thanks again for all your support guys!!

AMETHYST

YAYAYAYAYYYYYY!!! Good old Miffy, Wants to come home to Mummy and Miles now :D :D xx

Another update!

O/H and I have just been round to see her and take some of her favourite food to get her eating again. She was sitting snuggled up in the corner of the kennel looking a little sorry for herself but comfortable. Firstly I tried some grated carrot... nothing. Then some parsley... again, nothing. Then some chamomile & dandelion hay, and some carrot-flavoured biscuit treats... nothing!!

I had also brought the last two Shreddies we had in the box. Not expecting any reaction I gave them to her... and she LOVED them!! Apparently they were the first things she's eaten by herself since she's been there! We were all so ecstatic, O/H and I jumped back in the car and drove to the nearby Budgens to buy another box! We got back, and gave her two more which she ate, and then left her with a small handful in the kennel. The box was left next to the kennel so once she's eaten those they can give her some more! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm SO happy!!! I don't think I've ever been so happy to see my little girl eat Shreddies!!!

AMETHYST

Back