• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhia has a tumour - long post due to something shocking

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Our lovely nine year old German Lop Rhia has a tumour near her bladder and bowel :cry: :cry: There is nothing can be done and while she is not in pain and is still eating etc then we will keep going with her. She is such a wonderful bun and so sweet and loving - very gentle she is :love:
We have had Rhia for over 3 years now and in that time we can honestly say that she has enjoyed her life here - she binkies, loves her food, loves being stroked and groomed and sits on my knee every night having her eyes and nose cleaned - then she has a snooze :love:
When Rhia first came to us we had such a shock as she looked and sounded so ill :( :( She was full of bites and scabs and her lungs where in a bad way - our first vet said to put her to sleep :shock: but we wanted to give her a chance so we changed vets :x
Rhia could not see properly as she has such a bad infection in her eyes that her third eyelids had swollen so much that they had actually pushed the eyes from the sockets :( :( The outer of her eyes came down to just above her nostrils - it was horrific to see and people used to sob when they saw her :cry: :cry: Rhia just got on with things and after a week or so of being here she was a different girl - full of character and really cuddly :D
A year or so after we got her our vet took away the third eyelids so that she could actually see properly and for the very first time we saw Rhia's beautiful eyes :love: :love:
She still looks awful but to us she is so beautiful as her loving nature shines through :love:
Today she had x-rays as we had found a swelling along her left side - it has been confirmed as a tumour and it is inoperable :cry: :cry: The tumour is starting to push upwards and making her breathing a bit worse - it is also stopping the natural rythym of her tummy so a bit of gas is building up behind it - we are giving her Infacol for this.
It is now a matter of time and we hope that she gets a long, long time as she so deserves it.
What shocked us most about the x-rays is that we found out that sometime ago our beautiful girl was abused and every single rib was broken :evil: :evil: :evil: The only way that this could have been done was her being kicked really hard and more than once :evil: :evil: She also has trauma around the base of her spine - just above her tail :x
How anyone can do this or could have done it is beyond our comprehension :x :x How Rhia can actually trust a human being again has flabbergasted us as she is so full of love.
We hope that whoever abused our beautiful little girl and left her in such a bad way rots in hell :evil: :evil: I believe that what goes round come round so I hope you suffer a thousand times worse than our gorgeous, sweet girl :evil: :evil:
Rhia darling - mummy and daddy will always be here for you and we will spoil you rotten - just like we have done for over three years now. We do this because we love you sweetheart :love: :love: Stay with us for longer darling :love:

I want to cry but I am sat at work ...that is the saddest bunny story I have heard in a long time. She sounds wonderful, a really lovely bunny. It makes me so mad that people can be so cruel to animals - and yet she still is a loving bunny. Just shows what strength of character she has. I am shocked at people's treatment of bunnies - I got Milly a couple of weeks ago from a rescue and she is only just starting to trust us as she lived in a hutch with lots of other bunnies, got pregnant and had no human contact for all of her life until she was rescued. The speed at which she has started to trust me after the start she has had in life amazes me.

I hope that Rhia has lots of quality time left and doesn't suffer. What a wonderful bun she sounds.

Poor bunny. I have just looked at her pictures on your website, she is such a beautiful girl. How anyone could be cruel to her, and so violently, is beyond me. :cry: :lol:

Poor girly :(
Thats terrible that someone could do that to a defenceless bunny :evil:
She is lucky to have you jay xx

Rhia is the only one worth commenting on here.
The abuser(s) are just, well I am not allowed to post the word but I am sure you know what I mean :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Rhia is in the best place on earth to live out her days. She will now know nothing but love and care and of feeling totally safe.
I hope we have some lovely sunny days so Rhia can catch some rays and when her time comes ALL her memories will be happy ones.
Lots of nose-rubs to Rhia.
Janex

OMG! I'm actually hiding my face in my hair as I'm sobbing :cry: thank goodness she found you!. I can't believe anyone could be so cruel and heartless. I had a bunny who had been abused a few years ago. She had lots of problems because of what happened to her :( it was just so shocking and sickening to know someone could think that way!. I'm sorry to hear about Rhia's tumor :( I know you will make the remaining time she has with you very specail for both of you.

JCO said:
Rhia is the only one worth commenting on here.
The abuser(s) are just, well I am not allowed to post the word but I am sure you know what I mean :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Rhia is in the best place on earth to live out her days. She will now know nothing but love and care and of feeling totally safe.
I hope we have some lovely sunny days so Rhia can catch some rays and when her time comes ALL her memories will be happy ones.
I couldn't have said it any better - so I won't try. I agree absolutely with everyone Jane has said, and you two are absolute angels for giving this lovely girl a happy life.

:cry: :cry: :cry: SO sorry to hear about rhia :cry: and her past :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: but do hope she will get to spend some more well deserved time with you jay and the lovely john
and all of the hairy mob

Eve x

Oh Jay how awfull, there is some truely evil people about. She has been so lucky to have gone to you and to have all the love you've given her.

oh jaypot, i am so sorry for this little girl, i do hope she dosent suffer to long at the end. i am sending my best loving vibes to her.

debbie. :)

How awful! How anyone could do...urgh, they aren't even worth the effort it takes to hate people like that.

Lots of bunny cuddles and nose rubs to Rhia, she's survived this much, may she be with you for a while longer yet!

WELL DONE for being such devoted and loving bunny parents!! She so obviously deserves much more than the horrific abuse she suffered earlier but thanks to you she'll live out her last days/weeks/months in total happiness and comfort, knowing nothing but love and joy. For that you deserve a medal!

AMETHYST

poor girl! am so glad you changed vets and she has had three lovely years with you are you are still giving her the love and treatment she deserves.

She sounds like a truely special bun!

Oh poor old girl :cry: . Rhia knows you will care for her on this part of her jouney and prepare her for the next. A sad day

Adam

Back