• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freecycle... A lady has offered 7 Buns!

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
I joined my local freecycle group and a lady had emailed round trying to rehome 7 of her 22 bunnies. (Due to health reasons)

I mailed her and pointed her in the direction of RR and the forum but was wondering if anyone can help her. The buns are all between 5 months and 1 year old.

I know the rescues are all pretty full at the moment and I'm hoping that because she has 22, that they are all well looked after but I don't know what to do?

Should I offer to go round and help her out until they can be rehomed or what? She is pretty local to me.

If you have the time it would be nice to go round and help her. You could also put some of them on the rabbits in need section if she wants you to.

If she really is struggling and depending on how close she is, I'm sure I could spare an hour after work to help her clean them out or what have you.

I just couldn't bear the thought of them going to homes where they'll be left at the bottom of the garden and forgotten about just because someone took them on because they were free!

I will suggest to her advertising them on Rabbits in Need and maybe take some pics if she gets back to me.

Yeah, perhaps offer to pop around and see if there's any way of rearranging her setup or something to make things more managable for her, check they're in good conditions, etc. and if she still wants to rehome them, get pics done and have them posted on RR rather than Freecycle/a freead site.

Back