• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie, my frenchie

Veronica

Mama Doe
Some piccies of my beautiful handsome blue boy :D

1aalf1.jpg

1aalf3.jpg

1aalf2.jpg

Charliesangel said:
:shock:
I didn't even know you had a frenchie!! Where have you been hiding this stunner? :D :love:

xxx

Oooo yeah! I've had Alfie for a few years now! He's about 4 years old (looking it a bit now hehe!). He's my big free range bun! :D Hard to get good piccies of him, as he's always hopping about, or hiding in amongst the shrubs! :roll: :lol:

Charliesangel said:
Sounds lovely! I was just reading a thread where you were talking about his set-up and its sounds fab! Lucky bun!

xxx

Yeah he is, he does have a really lovely life...I sometimes wish I were him! :lol:

He's got woodshavings all over him in those piccies, because he was right under my feet whilst i were cleaning out the hutches :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alfie came to me via a breeder down in Kent. The breeder had bought him to use as a stud buck...and had kept him in awful conditions...a dirty 3ft hutch. He was advertised on a free ads website, for £50. He was 18months old at the time. I phoned the lady advertising him, and agreed to pay for him (as I'd fallen in love with him...always wanted a blue frenchie, and at the time, wasn't as knowlegable about rabbit rescues)etc
I then organised an animal courier to transport him up to Yorkshire (another £50). (A super animal courier btw :) )

Alfie arrived in quite a state....losing fur because of a mite infestation and runny, sticky eyes :(
Just shortly after Alfie had arrived, I was contacted by his original breeder. She had found out I had now taken over ownership of Alfie (orginally named 'Dino')..and was contacting me to say how pleased she was that I now had him.
She was also interested to see how much I'd paid for him. When I told her £50, she was appalled, and confirmed her suspicions...
...apparantly the lady I bought him from, had bought Alfie, as well as other frenchies from their original breeder, for £25 each...kept them in appalling conditions for breeding...then sold them on for a profit!
She had only just discovered his, and was as appalled as me at this. :(

I do still keep in contact with Alfies orginal breeder (who has since given up breeding because of this, and other factors), who is always telling me how please that 'Dino'/Alfie, eventually made it to my home :)

It always makes me think of the others this lady used and sold on though that never made it here :(

Charliesangel said:
What a great story!! I Alfie not only became a member of your family, but even stopped a breeder :D

xxx

Well it's just so sad really :(

Bred by one breeder (who in fairness, was a really lovely lady, who genuinely cared about her babies..hence her chasing up all her past babies..which included my Alfie!)....but was conned by a second breeder who bought him, and others to keep in appalling conditions, just to breed and sell on at a profit!

I remember talking to the second lady on the phone (who I bought Alfie from), when I was ringing to enquire about him..and her reason for selling him and others was 'because I can't stand all the flies around the hutches' :(

It's only when his orginal breeder contacted me, I found out he had been living in a 3ft hutch, and she'd been desperately trying to get her rabbits back off this awful lady.

:(

Charliesangel said:
Oh my, that is sad :cry:
And what an amazing lady the origional breeder is. Trying to keep up with all of her past babies!

xxx

I know. :)
I know most breeders get a bad slating...but this lady did genuinely care about her babies. I still give her updates about Alfie today! :D

My biggest regret is paying £50 to the awful woman who treat Alfie to bad. I remember when he arrived, being angry at the state of him...and angry that she charged me £50 for a bun in such a state! It cost me that again in vets fee's to get him healthy again!

He's my baby though...he has a happy life with loads of freedom...and makes his own mind up when, where and what he does :D Can't beat that really :D

Oh, and as for flies! Makes me wonder how mucky his hutch must have been, as my Alfie is the cleanest baby in the world...he has such huuuuuuuge open space...yet still goes back to the summerhouse to his litter tray to use the toilet! :D My clever boy! :D

And just think...
All of that money you payed went to support her :evil: What an awful lady. Just think of the rabbits she has now :cry:

But you didn't know now, and at least Alfie is safe and sound :D

xxx

I love his cheeky little face! :lol: :lol:

He looks so cuddly! :lol: :lol: :love:

Good on you :thumb: Alfie has such a wonderful life now!

Who can resist a face like that :wink: :lol: :D

Carol xxx

He's a gorgeous boy! :D so glad his story had a happy ending, but so sad for the other bunnies :( there's some horrid people out there! :x It sounds like your big cuddley guy is very happy and pampered! :D what bunny could ask for more?

Back