• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing thoughts please :-(

Beany

Alpha Buck
Beany's spay wound has opened yet again and she is currently at the vet's being sedated and re-stitched :( I just want her to stop licking at it!!!

Please can we have some healing vibes this way so I can have her home - place seems too quiet without her :(

Ta xxx

Beany Bunny you must NOT nibble at your spay wound :no:
Otherwise the pesky Vet might insist you where a lampshade around your neck :shock: til you are all mended!! :roll: :roll:
Get mended SOON Beany, your Mum is worried about you.

Janex

Oh no, so sorry to read that Beany has been nibbling/licking and its has opened up her spay wound.

I hope shes going to be ok. Can they not give you one of those trumpet collar things (sorry dont know the name for them) so she cant get at it ??

Sending healing vibes for Beany, get better sweetheart.

Deb x

silly4sows said:
Oh no, so sorry to read that Beany has been nibbling/licking and its has opened up her spay wound.

I hope shes going to be ok. Can they not give you one of those trumpet collar things (sorry dont know the name for them) so she cant get at it ??

Deb x

they don't want to give her a collar as she won't be able to eat her poos or clean herself, but if it's the only way, then they'll have to, surely?

Thanks for the vibes :) I don't think they're going to ring tonight, so she must be staying in :(

Beany said:
silly4sows said:

Deb x

they don't want to give her a collar as she won't be able to eat her poos or clean herself, but if it's the only way, then they'll have to, surely?

Thanks for the vibes :) I don't think they're going to ring tonight, so she must be staying in :(

One of my Does undid her spay 4 TIMES :shock:
In the end she had to be bandaged and thankfully she left that alone.
If she has to have a collar you can always feed her,her caecotrophs (SORRY, bit gross!!)
Janex

I know how you are feeling. I am missing my bunny to as shes staying overnight at the vets after her spay, but I think shes in the best place where she can get help right away if needed.

Going back to the collars. I am sure i have seen a pic of a male bun on here in one of the posts who was doing a similar thing and he had to have a collar. ???

It might be the best way to go. I am going to have a look now for the post I saw see if its of any help.

Beany will be ok. Try not to worry too much. I know you will and we are all here for you.

Deb x

Thanks Deb :) I feel so guilty as I put her through this, but I know that it's for her long-term benefit :?

I'll happily feed her the smelly nasty little poops if it means she gets better :lol:

My little girl, Gem, was spayed last friday as well and she bit her stitches out so she went back in on Monday and had staples put in. So far she has left them alone and seems fine in herself.
I hope Beany leaves it alone this time and soon feels better.
Linda

Oh no :( Just caught up with this :(

Poor bun, I hope she gets better soon, what a worry!

Sophie worried me when she was done, but she recovered after some TLC.

Sending healing ::vibes:: :wink:

Oh no, poor Beany :cry: :cry: Silly girl :? :cry:

I had one do that last month :roll: Glue wouldn't hold her wound either so it had to be a complete restitch :( She is fine now.

Come on Beany, leave it alone this time, the boys want to meet you :wink:

Awww poor beany.

Don't worry too much it happens alot.

Alfie ripped his stiches open badly, there was blood on the carpet and everything :cry: he had to go in for emergency stictching and stay over night and came home with a collar on.

I kept him indoors for a week and he coped really well with collar, it really didn't bother him at all - his poor little lop ears couldn't lop though and were half up!!!

I was more bothered by the collar than he was!

Back