PDA

View Full Version : Healing thoughts please :-(

Beany
11-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Beany's spay wound has opened yet again and she is currently at the vet's being sedated and re-stitched :( I just want her to stop licking at it!!!

Please can we have some healing vibes this way so I can have her home - place seems too quiet without her :(

Ta xxx

Nicola C
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh no, poor Beany! Sending her and you lots and lots of healing vibes!
Lots of love nicola x

lynda_m
11-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Awww poor Beany!

Hope your feeling better soon girlie x

SOAD
11-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh No come on honey get better for your mommy.

SOAD
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Could they glue the wound?

Jack's-Jane
11-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Beany Bunny you must NOT nibble at your spay wound :no:
Otherwise the pesky Vet might insist you where a lampshade around your neck :shock: til you are all mended!! :roll: :roll:
Get mended SOON Beany, your Mum is worried about you.

Janex

rineyroo
11-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Hope she's better soon. These animals eh? Always causing worry.

Beany
11-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Could they glue the wound?

They did. Twice.... :roll:

silly4sows
11-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh no, so sorry to read that Beany has been nibbling/licking and its has opened up her spay wound.

I hope shes going to be ok. Can they not give you one of those trumpet collar things (sorry dont know the name for them) so she cant get at it ??

Sending healing vibes for Beany, get better sweetheart.

Deb x

SOAD
11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Awwww bless her.

Beany
11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh no, so sorry to read that Beany has been nibbling/licking and its has opened up her spay wound.

I hope shes going to be ok. Can they not give you one of those trumpet collar things (sorry dont know the name for them) so she cant get at it ??

Deb x

they don't want to give her a collar as she won't be able to eat her poos or clean herself, but if it's the only way, then they'll have to, surely?

Thanks for the vibes :) I don't think they're going to ring tonight, so she must be staying in :(

SOAD
11-05-2006, 04:50 PM
She's in a good place, they'll look after her. :D

Jack's-Jane
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM

Deb x

they don't want to give her a collar as she won't be able to eat her poos or clean herself, but if it's the only way, then they'll have to, surely?

Thanks for the vibes :) I don't think they're going to ring tonight, so she must be staying in :(

One of my Does undid her spay 4 TIMES :shock:
In the end she had to be bandaged and thankfully she left that alone.
If she has to have a collar you can always feed her,her caecotrophs (SORRY, bit gross!!)
Janex

silly4sows
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I know how you are feeling. I am missing my bunny to as shes staying overnight at the vets after her spay, but I think shes in the best place where she can get help right away if needed.

Going back to the collars. I am sure i have seen a pic of a male bun on here in one of the posts who was doing a similar thing and he had to have a collar. ???

It might be the best way to go. I am going to have a look now for the post I saw see if its of any help.

Beany will be ok. Try not to worry too much. I know you will and we are all here for you.

Deb x

silly4sows
11-05-2006, 05:03 PM
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=20271&highlight=collar

Found one of the posts. Its not the one I remembered but its a similar thing.

As Jane mentions if she cant get to her caecotrophs, you can feed them back to her. It will only be temporary until shes healed.

They do cause us some worry dont they ??

Deb x

Beany
11-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks Deb :) I feel so guilty as I put her through this, but I know that it's for her long-term benefit :?

I'll happily feed her the smelly nasty little poops if it means she gets better :lol:

Linda
11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
My little girl, Gem, was spayed last friday as well and she bit her stitches out so she went back in on Monday and had staples put in. So far she has left them alone and seems fine in herself.
I hope Beany leaves it alone this time and soon feels better.
Linda

loopylop
11-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh no :( Just caught up with this :(

Poor bun, I hope she gets better soon, what a worry!

Sophie worried me when she was done, but she recovered after some TLC.

Sending healing ::vibes:: :wink:

doorkeeper
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh no, poor Beany :cry: :cry: Silly girl :? :cry:

I had one do that last month :roll: Glue wouldn't hold her wound either so it had to be a complete restitch :( She is fine now.

Come on Beany, leave it alone this time, the boys want to meet you :wink:

**Bonnie**
12-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Awww poor beany.

Don't worry too much it happens alot.

Alfie ripped his stiches open badly, there was blood on the carpet and everything :cry: he had to go in for emergency stictching and stay over night and came home with a collar on.

I kept him indoors for a week and he coped really well with collar, it really didn't bother him at all - his poor little lop ears couldn't lop though and were half up!!!

I was more bothered by the collar than he was!

silly4sows
12-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Hows Beany this morning ???? any news ???

Deb x

silly4sows
12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
~~bump ~~

Hows Beany ??

Deb x

bunnymadhouse
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
hope Beanys ok :?

Beany
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Sorry! I'ts been a long day and only just caught up :roll:

DH went to get her this morning and said as soon as he got her home, she jumped out of the carrier, thumped a few times and then ran around like a nutter. She scoffed some veg and hay like she's never been fed before and then proceeded to chew at everything in sight. Something tells me she wasn't happy about being away for the night :lol:

She has been restitched and it looks really neat. They've cut away the swollen part that seemed to be irritating her and she doesn't seem to be bothered by it now, but time will tell, I suppose.

Thanks for all those vibes - they must have helped. You're all angels :)