• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found this- Very upsetting

:evil: :evil: :evil: Wot a load of..........well im sure you all can guese, i feel like registering to. Thats made me really mad!! :x :x

That is sooo upsetting, I disagree with any sort of hunting. It is 100% murder, how would they like it if someone was going around shooting their families???! :(

Hope all the male's on the Forum get willy-rot and the women get gangrenous bumpy-bits :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Janex

OMG! :evil: :evil:
I knew people ate rabbits, but not that they raised pure bred, domestic rabbits for that :cry:

I like the guy that said:
"Oh, I shoot about 5 a week but I wont eat them because that is mean" or something like that. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:

xxx

Umm...

I know that this is a rabbit forum, so obviously people are going to stick up for the rabbits...

But I don't really see anything wrong with what these people are doing. It's a way of life - just like we eat other domestic animals (chickens etc.). So although I love bunnies, I see no reason to flame these people just for raising their own food.

In my opinion, it's much better to raise your own food in humane conditions, and give them a great quality of life. At least that way you know you aren't fuelling the market for mass bred animals, kept in cramped, dirty conditions.

New Zealand Whites tend to be the rabbit of choice to raise for meat - I didn't realise others were used. :?

cute_fuzzies said:
Umm...

I know that this is a rabbit forum, so obviously people are going to stick up for the rabbits...

But I don't really see anything wrong with what these people are doing. It's a way of life - just like we eat other domestic animals (chickens etc.). So although I love bunnies, I see no reason to flame these people just for raising their own food.

In my opinion, it's much better to raise your own food in humane conditions, and give them a great quality of life. At least that way you know you aren't fuelling the market for mass bred animals, kept in cramped, dirty conditions.

New Zealand Whites tend to be the rabbit of choice to raise for meat - I didn't realise others were used. :?

I understand its a way of life, but it is one I dont 100% understand :?
I guess being a vegetarian, I dont eat any animals so...

xxx

I think it is fine to raise any animal for food- that wasn't my point. :roll:

Breeding poor bunny to be some sad muppets scarf or hat is sick no matter how warped your morals are.

Most of the animals used for fur are still alive when they are being skinned-
i thought people who had other animals- such as cows, sheep, chickens etc wouldn't be this cruel and make them injure this suffering.

Thats the problem i have with these sick people.

KatieB said:
I think it is fine to raise any animal for food- that wasn't my point. :roll:

Breeding poor bunny to be some sad muppets scarf or hat is sick no matter how warped your morals are.

Most of the animals used for fur are still alive when they are being skinned-
i thought people who had other animals- such as cows, sheep, chickens etc wouldn't be this cruel and make them injure this suffering.

Thats the problem i have with these sick people.

But they do... all farmed animals are made to suffer in some way! They are mutilated at a young age (tail-docking, teeth-pulling/clipping, beak-cutting), intensively reared animals spend their entire lives in misery. Slaughter is a truly horrific experience for all of them. Many animals are still alive and conscious when they are dipped in the scalding tanks or have their bellies or throats ripped open.

The only way to avoid supporting cruelty is to adopt a vegan lifestyle.

Jenny

I actually thought it would be a lot worse, some of them couldn't do it. I could never raise chickens to eat, but that's what they seem to do so they wouldn't have any qualms about doing it to an animal they don't rear.

To be honest if your going to breed rabbits for meat then you would use the pelt. Same as cows not much is wasted. Rabbits pelts are removed after death here. If you have a smallholding as one of the people on there has then there trying to live off the land and produce there own food. They can have control over how there animals are kept unlike big farms. The animals have a better quality of life because its not intensive.quality of life is all important not the fact that they eat the animals they raise. val

taylor v 109 said:
Rabbits pelts are removed after death here. val

Am I reading this right? :shock:
Do you remove the pelts of YOUR dead rabbits?

If so, what do you do with them? :?

Jenny

Wabbit said:
taylor v 109 said:
Rabbits pelts are removed after death here. val

Am I reading this right? :shock:
Do you remove the pelts of YOUR dead rabbits?

If so, what do you do with them? :?

Jenny

I think she means in this country!

I think what Val means is that if you are breeding rabbits for meat, then it makes sense to actually use the pelts also - in the same way as cows, so very little of the animal is actually wasted.
The point being made is that they aren't skinned alive - they are killed first, and *then* skinned.

I don't think she means that she removes the skins of her own pet bunnies...

Thanks i do mean in this country and NO :( i dont do it ,my pets are buried, even if one of the rescue rabbits dies. Not into any of that but think its a waste if your going to eat an animal you should use what there is. val

Back