• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried About Michael....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
When I adopted him a few weeks ago he was a bit podgey. So the fact that he has lost weight is not my main concern but the amount he drinks is :?
He weighs about 3kg so should drink 150-300ml in 24 hrs. He drinks at least 800mls :shock: and wees for England as a result. He has done so for most of his time here. He seems well enough in himself but I am just not sure.......... :?
I've started him on Panacur incase EC is involved and he will have Blood Tests for his kidney function on Monday.
Really hope I am just being paranoid :? :?

Janex

I also hope jane that it's just you being overly sensative to bunnies and it's nothing serious X please keep us updated XXXX

Hi Jane,

I don't know whether this helps, but I noticed a couple of years ago now that my Rexes always drink one heck of a lot more than my other buns! Infact, with when I'm in bed with the window open, all night long, all I hear are the buns drinking from their water bottles! :lol: :lol: :lol: Most of my Rexes are boys, whether this has anything to do with it, I'm not sure :? :? :?

Carol xxx

Bunny Land said:
Hi Jane,

I don't know whether this helps, but I noticed a couple of years ago now that my Rexes always drink one heck of a lot more than my other buns! Infact, with when I'm in bed with the window open, all night long, all I hear are the buns drinking from their water bottles! :lol: :lol: :lol: Most of my Rexes are boys, whether this has anything to do with it, I'm not sure :? :? :?

Carol xxx

Thanks Carol!!
Strange thing is he only drinks LOTS from a bowl. From a bottle he hardly bothers :?
Perhaps its a behavioural thing :?
At least he looks and acts fit and well.
Just have to wait and see I guess.....
Janex

SOAD said:
I've a bun (Pippin) that drinks a lot and wee's a lot too.

How's he doing Jane?

Fine in himself Ta!!
I might just be getting myself stressed over nothing :oops:
But 800mls is one heck of a lot of water..... :? :?

Janex

It sure seems a lot - my two lops barely get through a 600ml bottle in a week between them :shock: Hopefully it's nothing to worry about xx

Keep us posted Jane - my bunnies seem to be drinking lots of water too. They drank over a litre between them between 8am and 7pm today - they have been drinking lots of water for a while now and both seem absolutely fine in themselves - I'm hoping it's a leaky water bottle to blame. :?

awwww! I hope he's OK. I guess 800mls is a lot of water :? I'm not sure how much my 2 drink, I know that Storm can wee for england though :shock:

Back