• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hazels gone in today to be spayed!

It was hard enough to drop Chester off for his neuter and I worried all day about him... and now its Hazels turn. :(

I hope shes going to be ok. Its going to be a long long day till I can make that phone call and see how its gone. I feel awful having her done but know in the long term its for the best.

Deb x

Hi, Pepsi got spayed about 10 days ago, and she is fine now. I understand i was worried all day to...........and i felt mean dropping her of at the vets but now i feel gr8 because i have prevented her from the cancers.
She will be fine dont worry, I kept Pepsi indoors after, with a vet bed instead of hay in the bed section of her hutch..........which she hated and tore to shreds....otherwise the hay irates there stiches. she was very quiet for a few days after wouldnt some over to me and didnt want much food, but now she is her normal self :D
Please try not to worry and let us know how she got on :)

I know how you feel, I felt more for Sophie than I did with Flopsy. She is such a fragile little feminine thing.

I'm sure it'll be ok. Hugs

Thanks for the good vibes and wishes everyone.

Hazel is still at the vets, shes ok. I rang this afternoon and she had come round from the GA and it had all gone very well.

This particular vets as a policy like to keep the does in overnight after a spay so that they can monitor her progress, pooing, pain meds, and check on her. Plus of course if she tries to nibble her stitches, and cause any problems she in the right place to be helped.

Of course I wish she was home, but I think she is better there tonight and while I am at work Friday. I packed her a little bag this morning with some veggies, timmy hay etc...so hoping she starts to eat normally while there.

They have my number so if any problems they can contact me.

I will ring in the morning and ask how she was overnight, and hopefully she can come home tomorrow and be spoilt rotten until she feels a bit better.

I hope shes a good girl and does have a go at the wound area.

It is horrible I know to have elected to have this operation done, but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages as we all know it doenst make it any easier though!

Hoping she has a good night, and all is well tomorrow.

Deb x

Have just rung the vets and they have said she is ok, hasnt pulled any stitches out etc. So can pick her up later after work. Cant wait to see her. :D

Arr thats excellent news, bet you cant wait!!!!
I am taking Pepsi back Monday to have her stitches taken out, she hasnt nibbled them once!!!
Well done Hazel :D

Only 30 mins to go till work ends and then can go and make my way to go and pick her up. :D ...yipeee!! its been a very long day!

Deb x

~~quick update ~~

so far so good. Shes doing really well I think considering (hope i havent jinxed it now :shock:). Eating, pooing and mooching about. A little bit quieter than normal, but would expect that. Not too bothered with her veggies but tucking into hay so she is eating, which is good.

Put her some nice vet bed in to lie on but typical girlie, shes decided to rearrange it so its all in a heap and then lie on the newspaper!!! :lol: :lol:

Chester is happy to have his girl next door back, and is back to showing off and chucking his dishes around... think hes trying to get her attention.!! :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed she continues to heal ok, and no complications arise.

Deb x

Back