• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flower's a bit skittish

maherwoman

Warren Scout
Hello...

I let Flower out a bit today, and she seemed a bit skittish. I don't know if she was just excited to be out of her carrier, but she seemed to be more scared than excited. She kept scaring herself and then racing back into the carrier...and didn't come to my hand being offered to pet her like Maisie does when she's scared. She also jumped when I would pet her, even if she saw my hand first.

Could she be a skittish bun? Could it just be due to the fact that she's so young and it was her first time really hopping around outside the cage? I can imagine the room we were in looking so huge to a bun that was most likely never let out to hop around before. She probably didn't know what to do with herself. I wonder if she's ever been allowed out and about in the six weeks she's been alive.

Hopefully she'll feel more comfortable soon. We went into another room...no other animals around, closed door...and only for about five minutes. I didn't want it to be too much for the poor thing.

I think she's just so used to being confined in a cage, she's scared of open space. I think we're going to have to take this a little at a time for her to adjust easier.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel so bad for my poor Flower...:(

It is probably the open space that is making her feel a bit uneasy, just give it time and she will soon start to feel comfortable!!!!

She must be very happy now!!

Back