• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet another nethie + more piggies

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Had yet another stray nethie come in today a little female and she is gorgeous :love:

DSCN2957.jpg

I took in 8 more pigs on Saturday, they were not being looked after properly. Due to their poor diet 2 of them are suffering effects of vitamin C deficiancy.

This group of 6 were living together in a 24" hutch :x The black one is mum to the 3 tiny babies and it wouldnt suprise me if she is pregnant again :evil:
DSCN2964.jpg

The white female (also in top pic) has awful problems. She is just 6 months old, she had a litter about 5 weeks ago (her daughter is the brown one in the pic) and she is pregnant again :cry: Because of the lack of vit C in her diet she hops when she walks and has muscle damage in her neck causing her head to tilt. My vet had a look at her yesterday and she is on high dose of vit C, metacam and a much better diet. Just got to hope she gets better

DSCN2971Correction.jpg

These are the 2 boys that came with them. The bigger one also has problems with the muscles in his neck, again he is on high doses of Vit C and metacam
DSCN2973Correction.jpg

What a shame, I hope they all be OK. The brindle coloured guinea looks just like my Sid who passed to the Bridge two years ago and I still miss his horribly. :(

aawww the poor little piggies.. i hope they all improve real soon with your special care.
Cant believe you are getting in so many nethies!! Are they being found in the same area or something??? how strange... still she's a beautiful colour :D :D :D

not found in the same area, there just must be an overload of nethies in norfolk :shock:
I took in another stray today, got another one coming tomorow and got 4 urgent bunnies coming next weekend :shock: I have got loads of people coming to me for rehoming at the moment though. I seem to be busier than I have ever been at the moment :shock:

OMG! I am sooooo in love with the nethie! She is the exact spitting imagine of my beloved Ellen (my original sable nethie)...who I adore, and was devasted when I lost her. I cried for days :( I still miss her to this day!
OMG...she has really grabbed my heart has that girl!!! :shock:

Poor, poor guinea pigs :( I really hope they get better quickly. Awful they have got to that condition. Poor little things :( At least they are in the best of hands now :D

Veronica said:
Just out of interest, have you named the little nethie? What is her temperament like?

:love: :love: :love: :love

Sorry Veronica but she is already reserved ;) I had someone waiting for a small female (the others I have were already reserved), I called her this morning and she is coming to see her on Sunday. The lady that brought her in had called her Bugsy, although she could do with a more feminine name :? She is really, really friendly :love:

Back