• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this a rex?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
angel001.jpg

i know its hard to tell from a photo but i have never had one and been uming and arting since she arrived, the previous owner said she was old english, which she is definately a miss marked one but she has real weird small, slim feet a long snout, and different fur sorta slicky :oops: :oops: soory never had a rex before.

what do you think?

Eve she is an old English :) and a stunning one at that :wink: :) :) :)
Their coats can be quite smooth like a Rex though, so there are some similarities.
Rexes tend to have curly whiskers as youngsters and sometimes loose all their whiskers as adults.

Best wishes

Adele said:
Eve she is an old English :) and a stunning one at that :wink: :) :) :)
Their coats can be quite smooth like a Rex though, so there are some similarities.
Rexes tend to have curly whiskers as youngsters and sometimes loose all their whiskers as adults.

Best wishes

thanks adele :shock: :shock: but she has the weridest feet, :shock: :shock:

hard to tell when you dont really now what either should be like, i am no breeder after all, but when i think about it she is nearly 4kg :shock: so problably not a rex but her feet are sooooooooo thin

Rex is a dominant gene, so she's either has rex fur or not, but doesn't mean she isn't a rex cross.
Her body looks hare like to me.

hunnybun said:
I have an English much the same she is 13 weks old :D

May2006rescue019.jpg

she has a lovely butterfly on her nose :D

May2006rescue006.jpg

her feet differnt to yours though, your rabbits looks like typical rabbits feet, my one has weird feet i will take a photo when i find the flippin camera! :roll:

As said before, one of the parents could have been a rex as standard rexs are quite big and have feet like a kangaroo (the hair is short and smooth.) You geenrally need two rexes to get a rex coat in a litter.

She looks just like my Pan except pan has more markings, she has really slim legs and a big body and a long nose too!!

Phill said:
She looks just like my Pan except pan has more markings, she has really slim legs and a big body and a long nose too!!

cant believe it phil took her to get speyed on monday and on tuesday morning she had a very large lump at the wound site :shock: :shock: (size of a tangerine :shock: ) took her back the think she has had an allergic reaction to the sutcher, so she is on batril and pain killer i have NEVER seen that before, will take a piccy of it wen i find my darn camera!

oooh blimey!!!!!!! thats Nasty! Pan developed a small lump when she was spayed btu nothing that size!!

bunnylove said:
Phill said:

cant believe it phil took her to get speyed on monday and on tuesday morning she had a very large lump at the wound site :shock: :shock: (size of a tangerine :shock: ) took her back the think she has had an allergic reaction to the sutcher, so she is on batril and pain killer i have NEVER seen that before, will take a piccy of it wen i find my darn camera!

My chinchilla had an allergic reaction to the sutures after his leg amputation and got a nasty abcess, not that big though! The stitches made their way to the surface though, suppose the body was rejecting them, and he got over it without further surgery

Back