PDA

View Full Version : ok be brave and tell the truth.

deborah
09-05-2006, 09:29 PM
which breed of rabbit do you least like?

you dont have to give a reason but you get extra points if you do.

and what type of pet would you never own?

and you have to give a reason for this one...... :lol:

Squishy
09-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I dont think theres a breed of rabbit i like least, i used to not like french lops because they just looked moody with me, but i've grown out of that lol

And I'd never own a terantula because i HATE spiders!

maxxev
10-05-2006, 02:30 AM
lionheads...and nethies.........i think its those buldging eyes and that 'i've run repetedly into a wall' look which appears to go down so well on the show bench..:oops:

cats. i would never own a cat particularly since one attacked Joey. :evil:

bunnylove
10-05-2006, 03:54 AM
not really one i dont like although i didnt lik lionheads until they started coming in in droves to the rescue now i am just used to the i suppose. my i much prefer the bigger breeds.

i would never own an insects or repliles :shock:

anna
10-05-2006, 04:04 AM
I love all bunnies, they are all beautiful to me!

I have to confess, I'm not a great cat lover, I like cats but they annoy me, I don't know why!

I hate rats and snakes, so wouldn't have any of those!

Angie65
10-05-2006, 04:07 AM
Initially I wasn't so bothered about dutch bunnies, cos in my pre-bunny days, I just thought all bunny owners had one of these!! However, now they're are my 3rd favourite (after lionhead, & dwarf lop!). i would like to have a dutch bun one day.

I wouldn't own a cat. I'm quite seriously allergic - If I touch one my hands swell up & I can't breathe!!

Karly
10-05-2006, 04:17 AM
I have to admit I'm not too keen on lionheads, but a few have caught my fancy (would bun-nap a few belonging to members!). Though I do like lion lops.
I'd never own spiders - eww. And I'd struggle to own reptiles - couldn't feed them frozen animals (would never feed live either!) and I have a phobia of crickets/locusts so no good with the smaller reptiles either! I'd love a long-tailed lizard though, I had one when I was living with my dad(his gf would feed them..when she remembered :roll: ) and he was so cute, he'd lay on my hand while I was on the computer

AlisonA
10-05-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm not a huge fan of lionheads or *ducks below parapet* rexes. It's not that I dislike them or would ever turn one down in need of a home, but in terms of just personal preference, neither of them particularly make me want to rush up and cuddle them...unlike nethies :lol:

I don't think I'd ever have a dog, I hate doggy smell and the fact that they are so needy.

Nicola C
10-05-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm unsure of cats, you never quite know where you are with them. When I worked in a vet, I was never afraid of the massive rotties or doberman's, but it was the cats that scared me silly :oops:
Bunnies are all gorgeous, but I have a thing for the little 'uns, especially nethies, they are just so cute and dinky!
Nicola x

bizzy_vicki
10-05-2006, 05:13 AM
im not over keen on english lops, ive never met one but those ears just make me sad. so i guess i really dont like the people who invented them!

id never own reptiles of any kind.

jay
10-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Its not a breed I don't like but a colour - white with red eyes. It's not that I don't like them its just on a scale of cuteness they come way down the bottom.

I would never have fish as a pet - after a rather traumatic week of looking after a friends tropical fish I am scared for life!! The water pump broke AND they had some fishy virus so the fish actually went rotted within two days. The smell was horrific. And oh god, cleaning the tank out before my friend got back was just horrific. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :(

Karly
10-05-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm not a huge fan of lionheads or *ducks below parapet* rexes. It's not that I dislike them or would ever turn one down in need of a home, but in terms of just personal preference, neither of them particularly make me want to rush up and cuddle them...unlike nethies :lol:

I never liked rexes (too 'lumpy and bumpy' for me) but now I've got a minirex I find myself coming around to regular ones too. Actually I wasn't keen on dutches either but don't mind them too much either.

LurcherGirl
10-05-2006, 05:38 AM
I like all bunnies, but I wouldn't necessarily go and get a Dutch or a Netherland Dwarf. No particular reason, just prefer other breeds more! Saying that, if one needed me urgently, there would also be room for one too.

Personally I wouldn't really keep reptiles as pets as 99% of people can't offer them the right conditions. I don't think they are "good" pet "material"... (although I don't have a problem with them as such, I like snakes, lizards and things - just prefer seeing them in their natural habitat).

Vera

Kay
10-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Unfortunately I don't really like giant breeds. Only because when I was little I had a dream that a massive rabbit chased me across a field and tried to kill me! :shock: since then they have seemed scary :lol:

I would never have a reptile, they seem so sad in their tanks and never seem to do much :oops:

racheyrabbit
10-05-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm not a huge fan of lionheads or *ducks below parapet* rexes.

I'm joining you with the rexes. I just don't find them quite so adorable - 'Elegant' is the best adjective I can find. :( Lops just make my heart melt although I thought I wasn't keen on bigger rabbits until I fostered Coffee .....

My boyfriend isn't keen on dutches or netherland dwarfs (despite the fact that our beautiful Wokky was a nethie x!!)

I'd never own any kind of reptile or any rodent with a tail (they give me the creeps - big time). I'll probably never own a cat either because my boyfriend doesn't like them :( :(

Fairy Angel
10-05-2006, 06:09 AM
I'm not a big fan of rexes, but that's probably because I've never seen one in the flesh.

I would never keep reptiles, I have a bit of a thing about snakes :oops: :lol:

raven_guest
10-05-2006, 06:14 AM
I've never liked Netherland Dwarves, all the ones I've met have been little savages! That goes for Poles as well!
I adore lionheads! They're the soppiest so and so's around! I also love the giants.

elve
10-05-2006, 06:18 AM
I have to say this bravely :oops: never liked dutch rabbits :oops: :oops: just the pattern for some reason :oops: sorry :oops:

I've had most animals as pets some time - snakes, spiders, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, dogs, cats, horses, slow worms, fish...even had a pet earwig when I was 8, which I fed on cake :shock:

children make the worst pets though - noisy, smelly, expensive and very hard to train :roll: :lol:

Angie65
10-05-2006, 06:23 AM
[quote="jay"]Its not a breed I don't like but a colour - white with red eyes. It's not that I don't like them its just on a scale of cuteness they come way down the bottom.

quote]

I would've agreed with you on this til I met Alex (formerly Alice). He's a New Zealand White & I'm a convert :love:

As for Rexes - I had one before I knew what one was! I would say they are more "beautiful" than cute.

Fairy Angel
10-05-2006, 06:41 AM
I have to say this bravely :oops: never liked dutch rabbits :oops: :oops: just the pattern for some reason :oops: sorry :oops:

I wasn't a big fan either til I met my O/H's sister's bunny last weekend. She was just the loveliest little thing. I'm not sure I'd want one for myself tho, I love my fluffy bunnies!

animus
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM

I'm with Elve on this one, I'm not a fan of dutch buns for the same reason, I don't dislike them but I'm just a sucker for lops :D

I'm not sure if I would say no to any animal, although I had a horrific experience with a stick insect once and snails really don't appeal! :lol:

Sue&Sooty
10-05-2006, 07:39 AM
My least fave would have to be Lop eared buns (who threw that hay cake at me :shock: :lol: ) only because I love buns with uppy ears!

Pet I would never own..... A bird.... I hate to see brids in cages or even aivaries, they should be flying free :(

Phill
10-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Hmmmi do't think theres any breed i don't like honestly. But i would never keep reptiles or spiders the thought creeps me out!!!!

**Bonnie**
10-05-2006, 08:00 AM
I never used to like lionheads but now i adore them!!!!

I would love a rex!!!

sparklefairy
10-05-2006, 08:12 AM
erm... how can anyone dislike any bunster? :shock: although a few years ago I wasn't sure about lops, then a very sweet little disabled bun called Freeda joined me for a short while. She was adorable :D I also have my big French lop, Storm, who is very handsome, his ears do make me laugh sometimes when he's running around and they are flapping around everywhere :lol: I think the personality is more important than how they look :wink:
I've never chosen any of my pets, I was in the right place at the right time. I don't think I would turn away any animal but wouldn't feel comfortable with those bigger reptiles which eat live animals :shock: if one was left on my doorstep he would have to live in the downstairs loo untill someone else could take him!. No way could I feed an animal other animals!! :shock: :shock:

naturestee
10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't really like Belgian hares. Their body shape is too out of proportion, although I do love other arched breeds like tans.

I wouldn't want any pet with long hair. Rabbits, cats, dogs... give me shorthairs! I'm not real keen on dogs in general, although my husband wants a pug. Those are fine. I hate yappy dogs and I'm afraid of most large dogs, especially if they jump on me or try to lick my face.

Veronica
10-05-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm trying to think of a breed I dislike...and I honestly can't!

I do have quite a variety living here, so maybe that shows how I love every bun:D
(nethies, dwarf lops, frenchie, lionhead, tan, and cross's) :D

AprilShower
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I think every bunny is beautiful so I couldn't say which I like least or which I like most.

Now, I would not like to keep a snake. It bothers me that people feed hamsters to them. :cry:

raven_guest
10-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Whoever said they don't like rexes, give one a stroke and you'll be converted, their fur is wonderful!

As for ducthes, I was never keen myself, mainly because that's what seems to be filling up petshops and they never seemed 'special' as they were so common.

Red eyed whites scare me! Sooooooo wrong!

Belgian hares are one I'd like in the future but apparently they're very headstrong and feisty!

Jack's-Jane
10-05-2006, 12:26 PM
or *ducks below parapet* rexes.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Picture653.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am a very sweet girlie

Sarah-Rex-Rabbitx

Spacegirl
10-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Nethies don't do it for me, I'm afraid! I also agree about white with red eyes - think they're a little bit scary!
Other animals; small dogs like terriers- rat dogs (sorry!) - and anything with a silly haircut or bald (through breed, not illness!!).

Jack's-Jane
10-05-2006, 12:28 PM
I LOVE every single bunny in the whole world!! :D :D :D :D

Not a Fox fan AT ALL :x

Janex

Estelle
10-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm a bit wary of giant rabbits, they look quite scary in pictures but i'm sure if i met one in real life i'd love it! I do love all other bunnies of every breed and colour.

Pets i wouldn't have are spiders, reptiles, insects, not birds because they are quite noisy or rats because they look scary :oops:

deborah
10-05-2006, 03:27 PM
well it is my thread so now it is my turn

i must say it took me time to find a nether dwarf i liked but then i found one so i supose i like them all :lol: i am drawn to shiny black bunnies and lion heads. but then i have lops and up ears, dutch, dwarf yes i love them all.

but i absolutely hate rats......having been raised on a farm i am soooo sorry i could never have a rat as a pet. but being an animal lover i would save a pet rat if need be, but only till it got a new home. sorry to all the ratty lovers but we are what we are. :(

Nickys Boxers
10-05-2006, 03:32 PM
suprised at ALOT of the replies on here
i dont dislike any breed or cross breed, there all the same to me really

missblondebunny
10-05-2006, 03:56 PM
when i first started getting into rabbits, i really wasn't keen on nethies... in the books they looked really funny and odd looking

but now i have 4 of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and they are the cutest things ever!!!!

i dont dislike any breed of bunny either, or cross's as i have many of them.

how cute are these nethies

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/speckle3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/cutetribble.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/DSCF0055.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/Sassi.jpg

how could you not fall in love with these :lol: :lol: :lol:

SarahP
10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm not into lionheads..... not sure why I don't find them so cute.

I wouldn't have any kind of reptile or spider as a pet (so so not cute!!). I would also never have a ferret - far too scary!! :lol:

Spacegirl
10-05-2006, 04:43 PM
when i first started getting into rabbits, i really wasn't keen on nethies... in the books they looked really funny and odd looking

but now i have 4 of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and they are the cutest things ever!!!!

i dont dislike any breed of bunny either, or cross's as i have many of them.

how cute are these nethies

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/speckle3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/cutetribble.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/DSCF0055.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/missblondebunny/Sassi.jpg

how could you not fall in love with these :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, maybe I COULD get to love nethies after all! :lol: They are really cute. It's just that their ears are so short! I love big ears - especially the great big ears of giants.

Adele
10-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Hiya, well I adore all types of bunnies without exception, but if I was choosing one as a pet I would probably not choose a Lop.
We have Lops here in the Sanctuary and I love them to bits, but I just prefer bunnies to have upright ears.
I would never turn a bunny in need away because of its breed or physical appearance :wink:
Best wishes

bunny_burrows
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
I love all rabbits and would never judge one or choose one on it's breed but.. :oops: I've got to say my least favourite bunnies are nethies. :oops: I still think they are great and obviously very popular but they just have a strange look about them with their little ears and big heads. :? I also think English lops look strange with their long ears (dooo your ears hang low do they wobble to and fro.. :lol: ).

I love all animals but my least favourite is the spider. They scare me!

Sue&Sooty
10-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't 'dislike' any rabbit breeds but I do have preferences, that why I gave the answer I gave. :wink: However those preferences would never stop me caring for a lop if it needed help.

bunnymadhouse
10-05-2006, 06:37 PM
love all breeds of buns :love: but if i had to have a least favourite it would be the Himalayan . dont like the markings and their eyes seem to stare . :(

poor things now i feel awful :?

wouldnt have small squirmy snakes as pet ... :? yuk ...any thing small and slithery is a no no . :mrgreen: dont mind big snakes though .

Angie

doorkeeper
10-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Lops make me sad. Rabbits ears are supposed to stand up, but people have bred them to lie down so they look sweet, but they can no longer hear as well or see behind them, plus in a fight their ears tend to get shredded.

I would never hold it against a rabbit that they are a lop, but rabbits ought to have uppy ears.

Inimical Me
10-05-2006, 07:31 PM
My least favourite breed of rabbit used to be Dutch... but I really like them now! I'm not a huge fan of their markings but they have such sweet little faces and little pink noses, awww! They're so pretty!

I can't believe how many people's least favourite breed are rexes! They are so beautiful and elegant!

Anyway, yeah, I love all breeds, they're all gorgeous in their own different ways. And cross breeds, love them all.

animus
10-05-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't think anyone actually dislikes a particular breed, as Deborah asked, which breed do you like the least?

I don't dislike dutches and I'd certainly have one a friend for Crunchie when we go to find her a friend soon if thats who she chooses.

I was just saying that I'm not a fan because of their markings, I find them the least cute.
I didn't intend to cause any offence, I was simply answering Deborahs question :)

the happy bee
10-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I can't think of a breed I don't like...
I used not to like the look of dewlaps but now I have Bella who has a lovely dewlap and looks extra cuddly and sweet because of it.
She looks nice and matronly.

I'd never own anything bug like.
...Actually I have done, I had a pet caterpillar for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago. I found him in a sugar snap pea pod and named him Barney.
That was very out of character for me though, I was a mixture of fascinated and repulsed all at the same time.

sola
10-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Aww rex rabbits fur is sooo gorgous! Feels like velvet.

Least fav bun has to be longhaired, like lionhaired, angora, only because I'm not fond of all the grooming :lol: and English lops, coz of their large ears, it's not right.
Normal lops are fine as they're like floppy ears in dogs.

I'd never have reptiles, 1. because I don't beleive I could provide a good enough enviroment for them and 2. I could never feed them pinkies :(

I love Dutch because of they're cheeky nature, they just look like they're always thinking of ways to get up to mischief. I didn't used to like pink eyed rabbits, either, but I love pink eyed rats so I like them now lol

Angie65
11-05-2006, 04:45 AM
I don't think anyone actually dislikes a particular breed, as Deborah asked, which breed do you like the least?

I don't dislike dutches and I'd certainly have one a friend for Crunchie when we go to find her a friend soon if thats who she chooses.

I was just saying that I'm not a fan because of their markings, I find them the least cute.
I didn't intend to cause any offence, I was simply answering Deborahs question :)

Me too! Love all buns, would have em all & love em all if i could :D

NicolaB18
11-05-2006, 04:56 AM
i love all bunnies!

SOAD
11-05-2006, 06:13 AM
i love all bunnies!

and me and I'm not just saying it. :D

I am shoucked at how many people don'ty like lion heads, because my Holly is so cure and loving :love:

AprilShower
11-05-2006, 07:55 AM
i love all bunnies!

I am shoucked at how many people don'ty like lion heads, because my Holly is so cure and loving :love:

I know, I love Lionheads!!!! :shock: :shock:

loopylop
11-05-2006, 11:18 AM
i love all bunnies!

Ditto, how could anyone resist my little rudles :cry:

I guess its when you meet a bun really, as I was never looking for another bunny but Rudy stole my heart - couldn't imagine him not being here now!

lynda_m
11-05-2006, 11:27 AM
i love all bunnies!

I know, I love Lionheads!!!! :shock: :shock:

I love Lionheads too :love:

nic99
11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
My least favuorites are also dutches and rexes, though orange dutches i really like and the brindly coloured ones, they seem different somehow. I find in general their faces look quite gaunt and sickly, perhaps because of their longer noses.

I also have to admit that I really dont like the look of continental giants. Their eyes just seem to be far too small for the size of their heads and they look a bit freaky.

anon101
11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm not too keen on the way Lionhead's look. Doesn’t stop me owning them mind you as I've got two! :)

Louise

Karly
11-05-2006, 12:15 PM
If everyone liked the same thing it'd be boring - and I don't imagine so many breeds if everyone was just as happy with the original domestic bun
I'm sure none of us would turn down any bun in an emergency but people do have preferences for what they'd like to adopt

AprilShower
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm surprised at the amount of people on RU who can actually say there is a certain rabbit breed they don't like!!! :shock: :shock: I think all bunnies are beautiful no matter what colour they are. I wouldn't judge anything by its appearance!! :shock: :shock:

Sue&Sooty
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM

I took it as 'least fave' rather than 'dislike' :wink:

bluebunny
11-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Awwww how could anyone like the least a rex
Once you own a rex rabbit you will be smitten :)
I like all bunnies i cant say i have one i least like
Id never own a ferret my sister used to keep them and they stink :shock:

touie
11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I love all bunnies, there's not one breed I don't like. I never got the rex thing though I'll admit until I stroked one, then I was in love :lol:

In fact I love all animals, reptiles and birds! the only thing I'm not keen on are insects!

Cyberbunny
12-05-2006, 07:48 AM
There isn't any bunny breed I don't like. :D

Fudge&Flo
18-05-2006, 05:49 AM
I like all breeds of rabbit, not sure I could deal with the grooming of a lionhead, wouldn't want to pull their hair like mom used to pull mine haha!
Got a rex coming very soon I can't wait :D

I own reptiles, snakes, geckos, have had frogs, got bunnies, guinea's mice and dogs and I don't find anything repulsive now I have got into reps, people don't give them a go before they write them off as ugly or squirmy lol

and RE: the replies about reptiles, not all feed on hamsters and mice, some eat mealworms some eat lots of veg and crickets, they are all different, crested geckos don't even have to have livefood in their diet they can be kept purely on fruit puree mixes so don't let livefood put you off :D

Gem
18-05-2006, 06:47 AM
There is one breed I really don't like and would never choose to own one, although if I had to take one in an emergency obviously I would and that is the Polish (Pure bred)

I was attacked by a black one at a show once, I was holding him on the table, it was only after he had savaged my hand that the owner thought to tell me he was aggressive :x :evil: :x

After being attacked by him it made me a bit wary of Nethies but a little black one at the rescue soon won me over :love:

My faves have to be Blacks, Sooty Fawns, Black Otter, Blue Otter, Black and Orange Harlequins, Blue and Orange Harlequins and Red Eyed Whites

Although I adore every bun regardless of age, colour, sex or temprement :love:

peediepixie
20-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I really don't have a 'least favourite' but my 'most favourite' breeds are mini or dwarf lops and Nethies are gorgeous but their small ears are funny!! :lol: My two are lop cross lion heads and they are beautiful. They just have the 'mane' not the full body hair :lol:

karina
20-05-2006, 09:39 PM
dont really enjoy the company of the hare breeds.they aint cuddle enuf for melol :oops: and i would not own a parrot to noisy :lol: :lol: :lol:

karina
20-05-2006, 09:47 PM
nt keen on the thin hare breeds.got a giant myself andshe is so cute .
had dutchs they are cute.

wouldnt have cats or any tanked pets or parrots :D :D :D

rabshan
20-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I am not keen on polish :shock: :( just think that they look a bit odd :? :( also nethies although i looked after one once for 3 weeks & he really was a cutie & i fell for him & he knew it :shock: :) I was his slave but then you know all about that don,t you all :?: :!: :shock: :lol: :wink:

JIMGRACIE
21-05-2006, 01:50 AM
I don't really have a dislike to any breed of bunny. Everyone is different, and its more the characters i fall in love with!!

Every animal i have ever owned has found its way into my heart through fate. Bindi was supposed to live (her mother didn't kill her for a reason), Maya was in need of some real loving and choose me!!

If i were to choose any animal that i wouldn't like as a pet, i would probably choose...cockatoos. We have four at work at the moment and i can't stand the noise they make when they go off on one. Although saying that if i won the lottery i would rehome one i work with in a flash!!

gizmo
21-05-2006, 03:35 AM
i dont like long haired breeds especilly after what happened to my buffy.
the only animal i wouldent keep would be degus as they are nasty little things.