• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ok be brave and tell the truth.

deborah

Alpha Buck
which breed of rabbit do you least like?

you dont have to give a reason but you get extra points if you do.

and what type of pet would you never own?

and you have to give a reason for this one...... :lol:

I dont think theres a breed of rabbit i like least, i used to not like french lops because they just looked moody with me, but i've grown out of that lol

And I'd never own a terantula because i HATE spiders!

lionheads...and nethies.........i think its those buldging eyes and that 'i've run repetedly into a wall' look which appears to go down so well on the show bench..:oops:

cats. i would never own a cat particularly since one attacked Joey. :evil:

not really one i dont like although i didnt lik lionheads until they started coming in in droves to the rescue now i am just used to the i suppose. my i much prefer the bigger breeds.

i would never own an insects or repliles :shock:

I love all bunnies, they are all beautiful to me!

I have to confess, I'm not a great cat lover, I like cats but they annoy me, I don't know why!

I hate rats and snakes, so wouldn't have any of those!

Initially I wasn't so bothered about dutch bunnies, cos in my pre-bunny days, I just thought all bunny owners had one of these!! However, now they're are my 3rd favourite (after lionhead, & dwarf lop!). i would like to have a dutch bun one day.

I wouldn't own a cat. I'm quite seriously allergic - If I touch one my hands swell up & I can't breathe!!

I have to admit I'm not too keen on lionheads, but a few have caught my fancy (would bun-nap a few belonging to members!). Though I do like lion lops.
I'd never own spiders - eww. And I'd struggle to own reptiles - couldn't feed them frozen animals (would never feed live either!) and I have a phobia of crickets/locusts so no good with the smaller reptiles either! I'd love a long-tailed lizard though, I had one when I was living with my dad(his gf would feed them..when she remembered :roll: ) and he was so cute, he'd lay on my hand while I was on the computer

I'm not a huge fan of lionheads or *ducks below parapet* rexes. It's not that I dislike them or would ever turn one down in need of a home, but in terms of just personal preference, neither of them particularly make me want to rush up and cuddle them...unlike nethies :lol:

I don't think I'd ever have a dog, I hate doggy smell and the fact that they are so needy.

I'm unsure of cats, you never quite know where you are with them. When I worked in a vet, I was never afraid of the massive rotties or doberman's, but it was the cats that scared me silly :oops:
Bunnies are all gorgeous, but I have a thing for the little 'uns, especially nethies, they are just so cute and dinky!
Nicola x

im not over keen on english lops, ive never met one but those ears just make me sad. so i guess i really dont like the people who invented them!

id never own reptiles of any kind.

Its not a breed I don't like but a colour - white with red eyes. It's not that I don't like them its just on a scale of cuteness they come way down the bottom.

I would never have fish as a pet - after a rather traumatic week of looking after a friends tropical fish I am scared for life!! The water pump broke AND they had some fishy virus so the fish actually went rotted within two days. The smell was horrific. And oh god, cleaning the tank out before my friend got back was just horrific. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :(

AlisonA said:
I'm not a huge fan of lionheads or *ducks below parapet* rexes. It's not that I dislike them or would ever turn one down in need of a home, but in terms of just personal preference, neither of them particularly make me want to rush up and cuddle them...unlike nethies :lol:

I never liked rexes (too 'lumpy and bumpy' for me) but now I've got a minirex I find myself coming around to regular ones too. Actually I wasn't keen on dutches either but don't mind them too much either.

I like all bunnies, but I wouldn't necessarily go and get a Dutch or a Netherland Dwarf. No particular reason, just prefer other breeds more! Saying that, if one needed me urgently, there would also be room for one too.

Personally I wouldn't really keep reptiles as pets as 99% of people can't offer them the right conditions. I don't think they are "good" pet "material"... (although I don't have a problem with them as such, I like snakes, lizards and things - just prefer seeing them in their natural habitat).

Vera

Unfortunately I don't really like giant breeds. Only because when I was little I had a dream that a massive rabbit chased me across a field and tried to kill me! :shock: since then they have seemed scary :lol:

I would never have a reptile, they seem so sad in their tanks and never seem to do much :oops:

AlisonA said:
I'm not a huge fan of lionheads or *ducks below parapet* rexes.

I'm joining you with the rexes. I just don't find them quite so adorable - 'Elegant' is the best adjective I can find. :( Lops just make my heart melt although I thought I wasn't keen on bigger rabbits until I fostered Coffee .....

My boyfriend isn't keen on dutches or netherland dwarfs (despite the fact that our beautiful Wokky was a nethie x!!)

I'd never own any kind of reptile or any rodent with a tail (they give me the creeps - big time). I'll probably never own a cat either because my boyfriend doesn't like them :( :(

I'm not a big fan of rexes, but that's probably because I've never seen one in the flesh.

I would never keep reptiles, I have a bit of a thing about snakes :oops: :lol:

I've never liked Netherland Dwarves, all the ones I've met have been little savages! That goes for Poles as well!
I adore lionheads! They're the soppiest so and so's around! I also love the giants.

I have to say this bravely :oops: never liked dutch rabbits :oops: :oops: just the pattern for some reason :oops: sorry :oops:

I've had most animals as pets some time - snakes, spiders, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, dogs, cats, horses, slow worms, fish...even had a pet earwig when I was 8, which I fed on cake :shock:

children make the worst pets though - noisy, smelly, expensive and very hard to train :roll: :lol:

jay said:
Its not a breed I don't like but a colour - white with red eyes. It's not that I don't like them its just on a scale of cuteness they come way down the bottom.

quote]

I would've agreed with you on this til I met Alex (formerly Alice). He's a New Zealand White & I'm a convert :love:

As for Rexes - I had one before I knew what one was! I would say they are more "beautiful" than cute.

elve said:
I have to say this bravely :oops: never liked dutch rabbits :oops: :oops: just the pattern for some reason :oops: sorry :oops:

I wasn't a big fan either til I met my O/H's sister's bunny last weekend. She was just the loveliest little thing. I'm not sure I'd want one for myself tho, I love my fluffy bunnies!

Back