PDA

View Full Version : I can't belive the mentality of some people...

Gem
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

Can you tell I'm a bit angry? :roll: :oops: :lol:

As some of you may know I'm an Animal Care student and a Rescue worker, occassionally I pick up a bun or piggie and keep it until I can take it to the rescue

Yesterday, one of my lecturers asked me if I knew of anyone wanting a rabbit, I'd love another one but with 13 of my own its not fair on them

I had a chat with the lady 'getting rid' of the bun, turns out she was kept with a guinea pig which she killed :x The lady was worried about it turning viscious on her young daughters as apparently bun is 'savage' :(

I was mad when I found out she'd been kept with a piggie and said I'd take her and forward her to the rescue.

I met the 'savage' rabbit today, she's a black velvet rex :love: with not a nasty bone in her body.

Ex owner got her out and she was kicking and fighting like mad, I promptly had her dumped in my lap, and she settled down and went to sleep- hows that a 'savage'?

On the plus side I managed to get a donation for the rescue :)

On the down side, Dizzy (rabbit) is not spayed and not vaccinated :x

Thankfully she's safe now, with a warm bed to sleep and access to a run which I don't think she had before

Squishy
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm glad to hear shes got a nice place to stay. Some people don't think about how much work an pet can be before getting them :? And some don't think about the results of things before doing them. :shock:

maxxev
10-05-2006, 02:34 AM
maybe what she ment by savage was, 'it came as a surprise that my rabbit bite my daughter...all she was doing was poking its eyes, pulling its ears and stroking its fur the wrong way' :roll:
glad to hear she's in safe hands now.

jay
10-05-2006, 05:26 AM
I think if someone yanked me out of cage like that I'd be savage too!!

elve
10-05-2006, 06:01 AM
ugh - people! :evil: Well done for rescuing this bunny - such a shame the piggy never got a chance :cry:

Aliandbuns
10-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Do we get to see a Dizzy pic then? (I love black rexes. :D )

Gem
10-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Photo's in photo section :lol: :D