• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't belive the mentality of some people...

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

Can you tell I'm a bit angry? :roll: :oops: :lol:

As some of you may know I'm an Animal Care student and a Rescue worker, occassionally I pick up a bun or piggie and keep it until I can take it to the rescue

Yesterday, one of my lecturers asked me if I knew of anyone wanting a rabbit, I'd love another one but with 13 of my own its not fair on them

I had a chat with the lady 'getting rid' of the bun, turns out she was kept with a guinea pig which she killed :x The lady was worried about it turning viscious on her young daughters as apparently bun is 'savage' :(

I was mad when I found out she'd been kept with a piggie and said I'd take her and forward her to the rescue.

I met the 'savage' rabbit today, she's a black velvet rex :love: with not a nasty bone in her body.

Ex owner got her out and she was kicking and fighting like mad, I promptly had her dumped in my lap, and she settled down and went to sleep- hows that a 'savage'?

On the plus side I managed to get a donation for the rescue :)

On the down side, Dizzy (rabbit) is not spayed and not vaccinated :x

Thankfully she's safe now, with a warm bed to sleep and access to a run which I don't think she had before

I'm glad to hear shes got a nice place to stay. Some people don't think about how much work an pet can be before getting them :? And some don't think about the results of things before doing them. :shock:

maybe what she ment by savage was, 'it came as a surprise that my rabbit bite my daughter...all she was doing was poking its eyes, pulling its ears and stroking its fur the wrong way' :roll:
glad to hear she's in safe hands now.

ugh - people! :evil: Well done for rescuing this bunny - such a shame the piggy never got a chance :cry:

Back