• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Room

Thumper<3

New Kit
I have 2 female rabbits, madison who is 1 year old and pebbles who is about 6 weeks old. Madison is in a dog crate.. she lives in it and pebbles lives in a small rabbit cage. These cages are WAY to small for them, well it'll be to small when pebbles grows. I was originally going to build an outdoor rabbit cage, a fairly large one but i decided not to because of the weather, it can get pretty hot and cold here.In our basement we have an extra spare room that we dont use so im "transforming" it into a rabbit room. Its a pretty big room, big enough to house many rabbits. since the floor is cement im putting a tarp.. down on the cement and putting wood shaving on top of that.. in the 2 closets (they have no doors) im putting hay inside for them to have fun with. Madison is litter trained and Pebbles im training at the moment. Im also painting the walls white, to make the room brighter, since right now its a dark red. I might eventually be able to post some pictures of it, but if you have any ideas that you would like to share i would greatly appreciate it :)

Hiya!

The only thing I'd say is work out where Pebbles and Maddison are going to go to toilet and only cover that area in shavings- I'm thinking more of cost and cleaning up time

It sounds ideal for them, make sure you've got lots of toys and things for them to climb on and jump over.

Looking forwards to some pictures when you can!

oh the joys of a makeover :lol:

lots of toys and stuff to keep them happy. i go to boot sales or yard sales to get baby toys that keep them amused for hours.

rabbits love things to throw around and push. i am not sure if they see in colour but i also go a load of big construction bricks that i can build into different shapes for them to hide and explore in.

treat balls are good too. i also stuff hay into the centers of loo rolls and add the odd raison into the hay...yummmy.....

i put in old telephone directories for them to rip up and cardbord boxes and plan untreated wood for them to chew.

they may like music. things to jump on and over are also a big hit obviously not to high though.

old carpet pieces are nice and warm to sit on.

have fun...... :lol:

Rather than tarp... easily dug and chewed... you might want to consider lino or floor tiles. You can get self-adhesive floor tiles which should be easy to lay and wipe clean :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Rather than tarp... easily dug and chewed... you might want to consider lino or floor tiles. You can get self-adhesive floor tiles which should be easy to lay and wipe clean :)

Tam

I agree with this. The tarp with me absolutly shredded, stained, and all together icky in a weeks time. It is not easily cleaned!! I used it for a while, then got lino!

xxx

We got lino when we started breeding dogs. Its so easy to clean it just made life easier when they where getting house trained because they had the odd accident where they missed the paper. I would recamend it as a flooring because tis easily cleaned. :)

Back