PDA

View Full Version : progress with nervous buns i think

peediepixie
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Tonight I sat out with Eddie and Elsa in their run. Eddie is the braver of the 2 and did venture out of the hutch while I was sat there but Elsa didn't come out. However she did take a dandylion leaf from my hand from the safety of the hutch :D Hope it doesn't get set back again tomorrow after I put them in the carrier and take them to the vet for their vacs :(

elve
09-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I've had my rabbits months and still can't stroke them - but they are more trusting of me now and happy with me next to them, so that's a good feeling :)

anna
09-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Ted was always very shy around us when he was a baby, he adores his cuddles now though, just take your time and be patient, they trust you eventually!

jay
10-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Milly was very like that just a week ago. This morning she came up to me at "treat time" (just before I go out the door to work on a monring) and although very nervous was actually was more bothered about getting her treat that running away. I think it helps that she sees Jack practically running vertically up my legs to get his treat!! She didn't stay for a stroke though but one step at a time.

I hand feed Milly her dinner every night and its having great results.

peediepixie
10-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Thats a good idea. TBH I won't have time to do it every night but I'll try that when I can. Thanks! :D