• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on ebay

Reported. Unfortunately I can't do much to help. really the seller needs a polite email from one or more of us to try and get the rabbit rehomed properly.

AMETHYST

Poor little bunster! :shock: That hutch is awful!

hutch could do with a good clean out,
:x :x :evil: :evil:

Have sent her this email:

Hi

Just to let you know that this item will be removed from Ebay as its against the rules to auction live animals.

Have you thought of contacting a local animal rescue? They might take the bun for you and make sure it gets a good home.

have emailed them too and said id take him, but i doubt they would bring the rabbit here for free, will just have to wait and see, have sent them my phone number anyway.

allyandtobey said:
sounds like a loophole to me :evil:

It isn't. It's still an illegal item to list. This is what it says on eBay's policies:

"Note: Even if you offer to give away for "free" (rather than sell) a prohibited, questionable, or infringing item, this will not absolve you of potential liability. This applies to sellers and buyers."

I've reported it so it'll be taken off soon anyway, but of course that won't solve the problem of an unloved bunny. :cry:

AMETHYST

Amethyst said:
allyandtobey said:
sounds like a loophole to me :evil:

It isn't. It's still an illegal item to list. This is what it says on eBay's policies:

"Note: Even if you offer to give away for "free" (rather than sell) a prohibited, questionable, or infringing item, this will not absolve you of potential liability. This applies to sellers and buyers."

I've reported it so it'll be taken off soon anyway, but of course that won't solve the problem of an unloved bunny. :cry:

AMETHYST

perhaps i should've said "sounds like they are trying to use a loophole to me"

apologies.

allyandtobey said:
perhaps i should've said "sounds like they are trying to use a loophole to me"

apologies.

No probs! I just didn't want you worrying that a loophole allowed people to list live animals on eBay. :)

rineyroo said:
I got the same reply. Someone's bid :shock:

Don't worry, there's 6 days left on the auction and ebay will have it taken off within 24 hours.

AMETHYST

I hope whoever has put the bid on on that rabbit, is a decent person who realises they get a free rabbit! :?

How can they put that the hutch needs a good clean? Why don't they just clean it? Poor poor rabbit! :( :( :(

Back