• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny basics - top ten

jay

Mama Doe
I'm going to place my first order on bunny basics and would like to know what items you've had most success with - doesn't have to be a toy although things to chew have to be at the top of my list.

My aim is to get Milly to play a bit more - she was playing tug of war with the brush pan last night when I was cleaning out the litter trays and its the friendliest and most interactive she's been since I got her!!! And also Jack seems a bit bored and have developed a taste for my wallpaper and carpet!!

The timothy hay cubes are a BIG favourite - the toothless trio make me sit there breaking them up so they can have them too (as they can't gnaw into them - no incisors) :roll:
The carousel bed was a big hit, as well as the willow balls. The treat box went down well too! They love the dried flowers/herbs from there too.

Willow rings defnitely - Kahlo isn't a chewer, but she destroys them! I've got to place a big BB order soon. Just as soon as I know when my new bunny might be coming..... we're going to look at some boy bunnies on Saturday :D :D

Ooh how exciting! Bet you can't wait for the new bunny - I know how excited I was when I was waiting to go get Milly!

Those willow balls that are filled with hay!
Crunchie and Merlin managed to destroy one in less than half an hour! :lol:

willow balls filled with hay are great! :D mine love to chew, throw, eat and roll them around!. The big willow chew rings are great too. Mine also love the self serve treat boxes which contain hay, hay cubes, alfalfa cube, and dried fruits :D My bunsters also have jingle balls, although not from there but they are the same, they like them too!

I was only going to order about £10 worth of stuff to start with and the shipping is over £5 which is a lot compared to what I am buying.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to know who is in their local area to share orders of this sort with? I'd rather pay less for delivery and go and pick up from someone local? I'm in Leeds by the way if anyone is interested??

Maybe we could get a list together of anyone who would be interested in doing this not just in my area but anywhere people wanted?? Or does something like this already exist?

jay said:
I was only going to order about £10 worth of stuff to start with and the shipping is over £5 which is a lot compared to what I am buying.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to know who is in their local area to share orders of this sort with? I'd rather pay less for delivery and go and pick up from someone local? I'm in Leeds by the way if anyone is interested??

Maybe we could get a list together of anyone who would be interested in doing this not just in my area but anywhere people wanted?? Or does something like this already exist?

That sounds such a good idea, as P&P boost up your order soo Much! xx

I would recommend a treatball, also the fruit/veg scewer. Toys + food usually work well :)

Definitely the hay cakes, timothy hay cubes, anything hay based. mine aren't chewers for some reason, they just love everything about hay!

Thanks for posting this thread...
Snowflake is 1 in just under 2 weeks and I was going to ask what people recommended to! got to get lots of pressies in for the big - 01. :)

Thanks for posting this thread...
Snowflake is 1 in just under 2 weeks and I was going to ask what people recommended to! got to get lots of pressies in for the big - 01.

one of our buns has the same name as snowflake, well the welsh translation anyway :) Gwyneira

Came home to a large piece of wallpaper on the floor last night. I thought it was Milly since Jack has never chewed before but then caught Jack with a large piece in his mouth (which he appeared to be carrying round rather than chewing :roll: :? )

So I will be ordering lots of chew toys for him. Since getting Milly he doesn't get out as much (not that he ever went out nightclubbing and living it large or anything before :wink: ) what with her being so timid she just stays under the dining room table a lot of the time and I don't want to split them up for long.

Can't wait to get them lots of new toys!!

Back