PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide on a name!!!

maherwoman
09-05-2006, 01:23 AM
I can't decide on a name for our new little baby!! I need your guys' help!!

As for a description: Our new little bunny friend is approximately six weeks old. She's white, quite fluffy, with a honey-shaped stripe down her back and a slightly darker-colored ring around each eye. Her skin obviously is pink, and shows on her ears and nose. She's got currently a cross between blue and brown eyes (they're changing TONIGHT from Baby Bunny Blue to beautiful Chocolate Brown). Her fur is so soft, you can't feel yourself petting her. I don't have pictures yet, though I will take some very soon (as well as current pics of Maisie for you guys). For now, I hope that gives you guys a good enough idea of what she looks like.

Anyway, we're (well I am) caught between the following names:

Clover
Cottontail
Cotton
Velveteen
Flower

I want to try to give her a non-gender name, as we don't know for sure (due to age) what gender she is (I'm calling her "she" for now until I know for sure).

I'm leaning toward Clover, but it has a slightly harsh sound to it, so I'm not totally sure. I like Flower, but it sounds so feminine...what if she's a boy??

Anyway, can you guys give me a hand in this and tell me what you think??

Thanks! :)

maherwoman
09-05-2006, 03:24 AM
It's been decided...

Our new baby bunny's name is.....Flower! :) I figured whether boy or girl, it would work because well, hey, if a Disney character can get away with having the name and being a boy, then so can my little Flower. My baby bunny is just so delicate and sweet, I couldn't resist naming him/her that. I'll always refer to her as a girl (at least until I'm told she's a boy...never know).

Thanks for your input, guys!! I'm sure Flower thanks you, too. :)

Becca
09-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Awww Flower is a lovely name :D

Kay
09-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Awww thats a sweet name. I generally have the name picked first! lol When Chester is old enough to have his op and have a play mate I will call the other bun Bailey. I just love those names lol.

So any photos yet?

NicolaB18
09-05-2006, 05:57 AM
cottontail

maxxev
09-05-2006, 02:53 PM
cottontail

agreeing...cotton is a better name :wink:

maherwoman
09-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Awww thats a sweet name. I generally have the name picked first! lol When Chester is old enough to have his op and have a play mate I will call the other bun Bailey. I just love those names lol.

So any photos yet?

Lol...well, I would have picked the name first...but Flower came into our lives quite a bit sooner than I'd expected. :)

Note the "help I've rescued a bunny" and "updated on rescued bunny" posts. :)

Not only that, but I like to get a feel for the bun first and go based on that. I thought Flower was appropriate because she's beautiful, and delicate like a flower. :)

Melndan
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Flower is perfect!!!!! :D

maherwoman
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Flower is perfect!!!!! :D

Thank you! She sure is pretty, too...so it's very suitable. Even if she winds up being a boy...still suits her. :)