• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy a hideaway?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I would like to get some sort of small hideaway for my bunns playhouse- as a sleeping area and to sit on top of.

They have boxes at the mo but keeping weeing all over them so I need something a bit stronger.

Any ideas on where to buy this from please? Have tried bunny basics and ebay and looked at small hutches as well but they do not seem quite right.

I would like it to be wooden or plastic, less than 2ft really. What do you tend to use in your bunny houses?

Thank you

Why not use their carrier? Its plastic so much easier to clean if they wee on it :wink: I have one of those fabric pop up tents in mine too altho they do sometimes wee and chew it but at least it was cheap

I bought happyhutch's tortoise box for a house in my bunny shed - but the roof doesn't come off so it's hard to clean if they wee in there - I've never put any hay or anything in it as I might as well write 'toilet' on it if I did that :lol:

However the bad thing was Benny and Pepsi used to sit on the roof and nibble at the roofing felt - Pepsi died of a blockage just a few months later, and I'm sure that contributed to his death - I stripped all the roofing felt off with a craft knife afterwards.

I would guess a cat carrier might be unstable for 2 bunnies as they tend to be narrower at the bottom?

I've got a plastic patio chair in my shed, which they love sitting on - you could maybe get a small kids one if it's a playhouse with a lower roof? Argos and Wilkinsons do some lovely kids garden furniture, little benches etc. :)

Back