• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hmmmm what to do?

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
well as most of you prob know ive been steadily bonding, having a few fights, steadily bonding.....

i think i have defo decided now that huslu is to be a single bun, sad on my part, but i think he is much happier this way. another factor which has helped me decide is that he seems to have developed a nasal infection, he's been checked out and ive isolated him away from the others. he is now living back inside and on a course of abx. i think he will just stay inside :D
now my dilema... sprout and tulip are going to live together properly on friday. im off for the whole weekens do can keep a good eye on them but all seems to be rosey there, YAY! this now leaves boo single, so i need to decide if im going to try and bond her into the pair to make a group or bite the bullet and get her a friend of her own?

can i ask too, how many of you have done the car journey bonding technique? how did you do it and does it really work?

hmmm a tricky one :? as you know boo did live with a girlie before coming to you, and i think that was a success because i had no choice but to put them in the same carrier to bring them home. what she would be like with a pair of buns though i honestly dont know. fat lot of good i am eh? :lol: :lol:

Can you not put all three into bonding mode? So instead of just trying the pair add boo too?

This is just my personal opinion and I know I may well be in the minority but I really dont like the idea of 'forced bondings' using fear tactics such as car journeys etc. I know it can work but for me it is not an option I would take.
Phill is great at bonding groups of Buns so she may well have some tips as to how to intergrate Boo into the bonded pair.
Good Luck!
Janex

i have to say jane the thought of it worries me a little. what if they faught in a cat carrier? :shock:
i once had a group of 4, tocho and his wife clover to which i introduced 2 baby bunnies, both females. and they were just fine, is that because they were babies? i must say i was braver then and just let them get on with it! tocho quite enjoyed his hareem :lol:

JCO said:
This is just my personal opinion and I know I may well be in the minority but I really dont like the idea of 'forced bondings' using fear tactics such as car journeys etc. I know it can work but for me it is not an option I would take.

Janex

I'm interested you said that.

When i first heard about it, I was surprised it was recommended. I've only ever done it when buns are already having car journeys already to go to the vets. I've done it twice - for my first bonding (2 boys, I didn't know it wasn't the best pairing - but they get on great now & have 2 girls with them), & to re-bond 2 sisters after they'd been spayed. They were orphans (at 2 weeks old) & hormones caused them to fight, so they were separated at 5 months for about a month. I really wanted them back together, as they'd got on so well before. It worked. I did think it sounded harsh at the time (although my first bun was in a 3 foot hutch til I knew better - sorry Smirnoff :oops: ), so I just accepted it as "what you do"

When it was suggested to me I thought it was a good idea - Jack and Milly had spent an hour or so getting to know each though - I didn't just stick them in a carrier and put them in the car. They didn't - although Jack had been chasing Milly round a bit - fight they seemed to like each other from the start.

if i was going to bond boo into the group, and remember sprout and tulip are not actually living together permanately at the moment. should i wait until their bond seems very strong and then introduce boo or just start to introduce her fairly quickly once they are living together so they are all relatively new?

Back