• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crates for car boot

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at these dog crates as a possibility to put in the car boot to transport the bunnies to the vets etc. I want to get two so we can keep them side by side, that way we can put Miles and Miffy in one, China and Rocket in the other.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-VAL...78110QQcategoryZ20745QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Which size would I need? Miles and Miffy are dwarf lops, and China and Rocket are nethies. Also, would some sort of strapping down be needed?

Does anybody use these for their rabbits or other animals? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

AMETHYST

Not used them but I know you can get specially made straps from petshops for dog crates in cars. Probably be cheaper to make your own though.
The only thing with giving them a bigger carrier is that they might slide around a bit so might be worth giving them something easy to grip and perhaps putting something soft around the bottom edges so if they so slide when you go around a corner or something they don't bash themselves

I have one in the boot for the Benson - the dog - it is not strapped down as it fits well into the boot. I would be loath to get one for transporting the rabbits as you would then have to carry the whole thing into the vets or lift out the rabbits from the crate into the carrier and, I feel, that increases the risk of them escaping and you losing them.

Back