• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

homemade recipes

Frankie

Young Bun
I was just wondering want homemade recipes you guys feed your bunnies. I’ve heard of a lot of people feeding porridge and warm bran but i don't know how this is made as i have only kept bunnies for about 6 months I’m interested to find yummy safe things for them. :D

A recipe that my bunnies love is cooked and mashed up, potato, carrot, Swede, parsnip and celeriac warmed up during the winter months.

well I did give Benny porridge when it was cold, but he plonked weight on really fast with it, and of course that's bad news as they can't run or eat their poops so easily. Best thing for bunnies is a bit boring really! Hay and a few pellets with a bit of veg :roll:

Yes, I agree with Elve. As lovely as it is to treat our Buns with 'special' foods in the longterm we aren't doing them any favours.
The very best thing you can do for you Bun is imagin what he/she would eat in his/her natural environment.
Tasty HEALTHY treats for Buns are things like Herbs (Basil, Parsley)
Dandelion leaves, Blackberry leaves. All very boring to us but not to a bunny!!
:D :D

Janex

Back