• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch size 2/3/4 bunns living together-what size are yours?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
As this has been asked a few times recently, I was just wondering about a couple of points on the hutch/house size reccomendations...

the RSPCA recommend a minimum of 5 x 2 x 2- so is this essentially that each rabbit needs 10 square feet, or can you put two in that space? :?

If you have an attached run that is only locked at night, can that count too? I realise they're still very active at night so just curious really.

What area of space would you be looking at for 2, 3 or even 4 bunnies living together? ie.) square footage...

What size do you all keep your bunnies in??

I think that space if for two small to medium sized rabbits since the RSPCA wouldn't reccommend keeping them singularly.

I got 4 lionhead,& english spot buns & they are in a space of 8ft x 9ft I think(!) They have a four foot 2 tier in there too (always open), so they've got the added height that that & a 3 ft shelf gives them. They're in there all the time, but have the living room aswell about 3 - 4 times a week for a couple of hours a time.

We are currently sorting out some outside space for them too, for summer.

Thanks for your replies, have just edited to ask what sizes everyone's hutch/houses are....because i'm nosey! :)

I've got 2 in a 6 x 4 shed with 24 hour access to 5x4 run, 2 in a 4 x 2 hutch with 24 hours access to a 6 x 4 run, and one in a 5 x 2 hutch with 24 hour access to 5 x 3 run. Plus they all get turns running freerange in the garden when im home

Back