PDA

View Full Version : Hutch size 2/3/4 bunns living together-what size are yours?

Azraelm
08-05-2006, 07:07 AM
As this has been asked a few times recently, I was just wondering about a couple of points on the hutch/house size reccomendations...

the RSPCA recommend a minimum of 5 x 2 x 2- so is this essentially that each rabbit needs 10 square feet, or can you put two in that space? :?

If you have an attached run that is only locked at night, can that count too? I realise they're still very active at night so just curious really.

What area of space would you be looking at for 2, 3 or even 4 bunnies living together? ie.) square footage...

What size do you all keep your bunnies in??

Spacegirl
08-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I think that space if for two small to medium sized rabbits since the RSPCA wouldn't reccommend keeping them singularly.

Angie65
08-05-2006, 07:18 AM
I got 4 lionhead,& english spot buns & they are in a space of 8ft x 9ft I think(!) They have a four foot 2 tier in there too (always open), so they've got the added height that that & a 3 ft shelf gives them. They're in there all the time, but have the living room aswell about 3 - 4 times a week for a couple of hours a time.

We are currently sorting out some outside space for them too, for summer.

Azraelm
08-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks for your replies, have just edited to ask what sizes everyone's hutch/houses are....because i'm nosey! :)

touie
08-05-2006, 07:48 AM
I've got 2 in a 6 x 4 shed with 24 hour access to 5x4 run, 2 in a 4 x 2 hutch with 24 hours access to a 6 x 4 run, and one in a 5 x 2 hutch with 24 hour access to 5 x 3 run. Plus they all get turns running freerange in the garden when im home