• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed - rescuing hutch

Frankie

Young Bun
Hi I could really do with some help rescuing my hutch from my bunnies. Although my two bunnies have plenty of play things and wood to chew on they both seem to prefer the wood that the hutch and they have gone a least half way through the leg now and I don't know what to do to stop them.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have :D

There's some spray you can buy? I got some from P@H. You have to keep spraying the area though. I treated mine for about 3 weeks, but then they got out of the habit & left it alone.

Or you could try perfume?

My neutered buns chew less than they used to, so neutering might help.

Put some angled metal guards (lead free) around the legs!! :D

....of the HUTCH not the Bunnies!! :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Janex

I have the same problem with my piglets indoor hutches - slowly being eaten when wooden chews are totally ignored :roll:

I rubbed a perfumed bar of soap on the door inside today, where Henry was chewing like a maniac - He was so disgusted with the smell he wouldn't go near it! But it does wear off after a week.

Metal guards would be your best bet im very lazy though and just let the buns chew them and replace the legs when i need to.

Thanks for all your help i guessed there must be something you could spray but i wasn't sure and didn't want to get anything that may have hurt them.
i will give it a try and hopefully it will stop them as the hutch leg is actually built into the hutch so maybe pretty impossible to replace! :wink:

uuuurrrrgggghhhh

reading about putting metal round the hutch legs has made my teeth go funny - i can hear it now, the teeth scraping the metal - makes me cringe!!!!

JCO said:
Put some angled metal guards (lead free) around the legs!! :D

....of the HUTCH not the Bunnies!! :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Janex

:lol:

Or you could put the wood that they don't like to chew around the wood that they do like to chew. :lol:

Back