• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just been getting the Buns vaccination records ready for when Cristabel visits today.
Jacks card is still here...... :cry: :cry:
Oh my, I seem to be permanently on the run from unbareable grief
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry guys, I have no-one else to tell this to... :oops: :oops:

I miss my BEST FRIEND so very much..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Picture529.jpg

Janex

when you love someone that much i dont think you do get over it , i still cry when i think about my horse Amber.

that was 17 years ago. :(

i just gets less of a problem and only comes to the surface when somthing reminds me of him.

i really do hope that hevan isnt just for humans.

Oh Jane...it does get easier with time. You don't forget but instead of feeling so upset whenever you are reminded of him little things you remember him doing will make you smile. You'll never forget him. I still miss Chole my bunny who went to the bridge 4 years ago but looking through photo's of her the other night made me smile. :)

Jane (((((((((( hugz)))))))))))) Snowflake and I are sending you hugest of hugs... it's been nearly a year since I lost my beloved baby boy who was a basset hound and my best friend.... I think things like this always hurt, and there's never a time limit to grief.... but just think of all your lovely buns you still have and let them look after you! :)

Angie65 said:
I hate it when you see something & it takes you right back, when you weren't expecting it :(

Yes, thats it exactly. I thought I was getting a bit better and only really having a weep when I went to bed (as opposed to inappropriate places like in the middle of Tesco :oops: :roll: ) But as I got the health record cards out there was Jacks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I have put the card under my pillow for now.
Thanks all, I know that you can understand......

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Have a big Orcadian cuddle from me Jane ((((((((((orcadiancuddle))))))))))))) Time is the best healer and as everyone has said, you'll never forget it'll just get easier to think of the good things.

awwww :cry: I know how you feel. I found Bilbo's pink mouse the other day when I was tidying up and just burst into tears :cry: when you have a bond as special as you had with Jack the sadness will be as great as your love for him , maybe in time the hurt will lessen but I always find that aching in my heart for Bilbo won't go away. The bond will never be broken though. I've said it before, but I always feel as though Bilbo is still very close, I'm sure there will be times when you feel Jack is close. We understand what you're going through Jane. sending hugs to you xx

aww jane (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

It must have been a bit of a shock to see that. When our family dog died, a year later i found a gorgeous picture of her as we had none up in the house (mum found it too upsetting) and i left this pic out for my mum and it made her so upset as it was unexpected! your bound to feel like that...you are still missing/grieving for him xx

Aaw Jane - I was pulling the curtains yesterday and the sun shone on my dog Sam's pic - he was my best mate too - and I cried - but then I thought, maybe hes just saying 'hi mum'.......and then I cried again :roll: Its so difficult isnt it - time makes it easier but you never forget :(

Thanks everyone.
I really wish I could explain exactly what was (IS) so very special about the bond Jack and I had (HAVE). Obviously he was at my side during what was a truely horrible time. That alone is enough to make Jack so important. But it really is more than that. At the risk of confirming all your fears of me being completely BONKERS I feel that the bond Jack and I developed was almost 'magical'.
Rainbow, I know what you mean about still feeling a beloved Buns presence. I too feel Jack is still with me in some way. I would give anything to be able to hold him again. I love him so VERY, VERY much.
Oooops, I'll shut up now... :oops: :oops:

Janex

We are all here Jane. Just imagine a big circle of RU members all hugging you.

I broke down at the Sainsbury's checkout, after losing one of my buns. The checkout girl was very nice though.

Sending hugs to you. xxx

JCO said:
I really wish I could explain exactly what was (IS) so very special about the bond Jack and I had (HAVE).

Oh Jane, :cry: :cry:

You dont have to explain, Most of us already know. My heart aches SO much when i think of Charlie. It was only this morning i got upset about him, I went to feed Tilly and she jumped on my knee, Usually they both did it and I had to hold their bottoms or one would fall off - but i didnt have to today, My knee looked empty, Sounds stupid i know, but its those things that make us remember. But i look at Tilly-May now, (even though shes nipping my jumper for paying more attention to a computer :roll: ) and thats what i carry on for, if its this bad for us, think how bad it is for her (and Maggie). Its like us living with someone (partner, family, whatever) then one day they go, and we are left in a world of rabbits - She has no1 who understands her (or so she thinks), so keep going mate, if only for Maggie and the crew :wink: . Sorry im going on here :oops: , I'll go, but you know where i am if u need me xx

beckiboo186 said:
JCO said:
I really wish I could explain exactly what was (IS) so very special about the bond Jack and I had (HAVE).

Oh Jane, :cry: :cry:

You dont have to explain, Most of us already know. My heart aches SO much when i think of Charlie. It was only this morning i got upset about him, I went to feed Tilly and she jumped on my knee, Usually they both did it and I had to hold their bottoms or one would fall off - but i didnt have to today, My knee looked empty, Sounds stupid i know, but its those things that make us remember. But i look at Tilly-May now, (even though shes nipping my jumper for paying more attention to a computer :roll: ) and thats what i carry on for, if its this bad for us, think how bad it is for her (and Maggie). Its like us living with someone (partner, family, whatever) then one day they go, and we are left in a world of rabbits - She has no1 who understands her (or so she thinks), so keep going mate, if only for Maggie and the crew :wink: . Sorry im going on here :oops: , I'll go, but you know where i am if u need me xx

Thanks Becki.
I know that you really do understand.
Janex

I know what you mean, my bun died over a year ago and I still get very upset thinking about him, I only had one then so he got my full attention and got me through some bad times. I miss him so much!

Jane,

'Tis better to have loved and lost.... Its only weeks. One day you will think of him and smile.

Adam

PS Uncle Alby Bulletin please.

Jane, please remember it only hurts so much because you love him so very much, if you didnt care it wouldnt hurt would it?? Everything in life is a balance I believe, so to have shared the joy of Jack, you have to face the pain of his loss. Its not easy or fair, but its how the world goes around...those who don't truly love never hurt, but neither do they have the joy of true love :wink:

I know what you mean, Jane.

I keep all the vaccination cards together too, I picked up Billy's card. when I was taking Scout for his innoculations last Saturday. I can't bare to think about it sometimes. In the same drawer is Robbie's booster card too, I sadly lost Robbie my dog last year. I lost dad the year before Robbie and mum the year before dad! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sometimes, I go to the drawer where my mum kept her perfume and makeup, and I practically stick my nose in the drawer to smell mum's scent, I just close my eyes and pretend that everything is back to normal again, and that Mum, Dad, Robbie and Billy are still here.

Sadly, it's the price we pay for loving them so much, but if we could have our time with them again, we wouldn't change a thing! and neither would they :love: :love:

Carol xxx

Back