• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would you home your french lop in this???????

:cry: :cry: I couldn't imagine putting my big frenchie, Storm, in that horrid prison :shock: and here's me wondering if my whole bedroom is big enough for him :shock:

To be honest, seeing the size of frenchies, I couldnt imagine putting them in a cage full stop ...... but that is just my opinion :wink:

heres the reply

"I have kept my french lop doe in this hutch for the last two years. She comes out daily for her exercise in the garden and this size of hutch is perfectly adequate for a rabbit of her size!!Thanks for your opinion but it is a matter of opinion!!"

somehow i disagree!!!!!! and i wonder how long she got in the garden :evil: :evil:

While I understand that hutch is too small for a frenchie, I've seen many people wedge their rabbits into indoor cages which I would only house my rats in (100 or 120cm for a rabbit?). I think that's just as big a problem. :cry:

KathyM said:
While I understand that hutch is too small for a frenchie, I've seen many people wedge their rabbits into indoor cages which I would only house my rats in (100 or 120cm for a rabbit?). I think that's just as big a problem. :cry:

I agree - it's not just limited to Frenchies that this undersized housing happens with.
I kept my first bun in one of these indoor cages but he's only a Nethie and was out pretty much all day, as he's incisorless so a perfect housebun (other than the lack of littertraining :roll: but that just meant extra washing lol). I wouldn't even house a Nethie in one now but they're OK if used basically as a big litter tray/something to hang the bottle in and bun has permanent access to a bigger area, in my opinion.

My tiny lions are in 6ft long hutches! At least they were polite in their reply, I've had swearing when I've tried to offer friendly advice!

Did I tell you I put a thing on my site about discouraging people from buying rabbits from pet shops (I actually meant a specific petshop you all know who I'm talking about!) but didn't want to put names in case they took legal action etc. And a girl emailed me having a huge go as she worked in a pet shop! :shock: I explained I meant a certain one, but she swore and all sorts!

I'd keep my bunnies in that hutch.....................................if they were the size of hamsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ridiculous! I'd hate to think of a bunny living in there all day and having to exersice just when let out!

Is there some guideline for the amount of space per kilogram of rabbit? If so someone could email this seller back with the stats.

AMETHYST

maybe she had a mini lop and was told it was a frenchie :?
No way would she be able to cram the first half of a frenchie in that surely.
:evil:

ive emailed again to see if she can change the advertising as it shouldnt be advertised for frenchies at all.

someone will see that, buy it and shove a poor bunnie in there and it will be in there for the rest of its life!!! and i dont want that on my consience (i think ive spelt that wrong)

i just wish petshops would either stop selling rabbits or make the right size hutches!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back