• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First jabs

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I am taking Humpty and Pepper for their first vaxs tommorrow - the HVD one. Will they be very upset by it? And does it cause any after-affects?

When I had Harvey's done- he did not appear even to feel it- he did not flinch at all. After the mxyi one- he had a dry patch of skin- which ended up like a small scab which fell off about 10days later- i did not have to treat it- just keep a check on it. When we came back from the vets- he seemed a bit in the "huff" for a while-ie not coming to me when i called him etc as he usually does but was back to his usual self within a few hours.
Hope it all goes well :)

Hiya :wave:

I haven't heard any side effects from the myxi jab, but the VHD can cause a limp in your bun... it should only last a couple of days but it may be sore.

Apart from it being a usual vet trip, they should be fine :D Its done really quickly and apparently it doesn't bother the buns too much - mine have both been fine, although saying that, Rudy did get the limp, but he was fine after a day.

Good luck!

The VHD jab only seems to cause a probelm if the vets don't use one to draw up and another to inject as some can come in contact with the skin causing problems.

Back