• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nooo - Hay bales?

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Does anyone else have trouble getting hay (in bales) between now and October? The farm i go to today said thats the last she can sell, are all farms the same? Or could somewhere else nr me still sell it? :? xx

where are you becki?

the reason is that hay is made around midsummer so by now farmers will have worked out how much they have left, and how much they need to see there animals through till the next lot of hay has been stored.
if you are anywhere near me, than yes i know where you can get some! they always have it! if you get really stuck, find a local riding school and grovel to them, i can guarantee that thay will have hay around :D

colliewoman said:
where are you becki?

the reason is that hay is made around midsummer so by now farmers will have worked out how much they have left, and how much they need to see there animals through till the next lot of hay has been stored.
if you are anywhere near me, than yes i know where you can get some! they always have it! if you get really stuck, find a local riding school and grovel to them, i can guarantee that thay will have hay around :D

Thanks, Im actually in Derbyshire. But there is a riding school :? xx

hmm i guess you cant come and pick up a bale from me then :lol:
do try the riding school, if they cant let you buy a bale or two from them, they surely must know of where you can buy some!

I have been getting mine from work
they have three horses there,the last bale is lovely its all green with lots of wild flowers etc

ive been looking for some bales in the staffs/derbys area. let me know what you get! my last lot i bought through the saddlery and it was a bit ****. i want better stuff next time. what is haylage btw? might start a thread about that...........

Back